Accademia Italiana (Florence, Italy)
Spring semester study abroad students have the opportunity to assist with Accademia Italiana’s annual fashion show, which is attended by top designers and industry professionals. AI also coordinates some cultural excursions for study abroad students. The rich and varied history of Florence make it the ideal backdrop for students studying the intersections of design, art, fashion, and culture. In Florence, students can walk in the footsteps of Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, and countless other prominent artists and cultural icons, while simultaneously enjoying the modern conveniences of a major European city.
- Tailoring Techniques (FTD elective)
- Collection Theory I (FTD elective)
- History of 20th Century Fashion (GEP)
- Sketching Florence (GEP)
Hong Kong Polytechnic University (Hung Hom, Hong Kong)
Hong Kong Polytechnic University is located in one of the world’s busiest and most culturally diverse cities. Hong Kong Polytechnic offers a wide range of courses which directly meet industrial, commercial and community needs. It is a prime aim of the University to equip students not only with professional competency but also the ability of independent thinking, good communication skills and a global outlook.
- Coloration and Finishing Technology (PCC 302)
- Fashion Cultural Studies (FTD elective)
- Sustainability in Fashion (FTD elective)
- Culture & Costume Studies (GEP)
- History of Hong Kong (GEP)
Lorenzo de Medici (Florence, Italy)
Over forty years of experience have made Lorenzo de’ Medici (LdM) one of the most distinctive and well-established study abroad institutions in Europe. Many Wilson College students choose LdM because of the variety of FTM and FTD electives this institution offers, as well as it’s proximity to many fashion houses such as Gucci, Ferragamo and the Pitti Palace. Students can choose from different courses in 38 subject areas, which are taught in English.
- 3-Hour Italian Language Elementary I (Required Course)
- Construction Techniques (FTD-TD elective)
- Corsetry (FTD-FD elective)
- Fabric Styling (FTD elective)
- Italian Food and Culture: Pairing Food & Wine (GEP)
NC State European Center in Prague (Czech Republic)
The NC State European Center in Prague is NC State’s only permanent international facility and welcomes students from all academic disciplines. Students earn NC State credit hours in one of Europe’s most beautiful cities. On-site orientation is included in the first week of the program, allowing students to get to know each other and NC State Prague staff members. Additional cultural events and excursions are also included in the program to engage students with the historically and culturally rich city of Prague and the culture of the Czech Republic.
- Czech Culture & Language (GEP)
- Fashion Photography (FTD elective)
- Specific Topics in Textile Application – Illustration (FTD elective)
- Principles of Sociology (GEP)
RMIT University (Melbourne, Australia)
The main RMIT campus is located in the Melbourne Central Business District. It is an urban campus surrounded by cafes, restaurants and recreation facilities. Established in 1887, RMIT is a dynamic university of technology with several campuses based around Melbourne. Expert teachers, excellent facilities, and the latest technology equipment help Wilson College students gain the most from their study abroad experience.
- Digital Textile Design and the Marketplace (FTD elective)
- Introduction to Textile Design Print (FTD elective)
- Modern Australian Society (GEP)
- Indigenous People and Environment (GEP)
University of the Arts London: London College of Fashion (London, England)
London College of Fashion, UAL is a world leader in fashion design, media and business education. They have been nurturing creative talent for over a century, offering courses in all things fashion. London College of Fashion’s Study Abroad Program offers students from all over the world the opportunity to study a range of fashion-related courses in London. London College of Fashion offers students specialist facilities – equipment, tools and resources – across six London sites. This includes the biggest fashion library and archive in the UK, sample and sewing rooms, a 3D modelling room, cosmetic science labs, visual merchandising suites and make-up studios.
- Experimental Fashion Accessory (FTD elective)
- Shoe Making (FTD elective)
- Fashion Drawing (FTD elective)
- British Cultural Studies (GEP)
- Fashion History and Artefact (GEP)