The Graduate School requires all applicants to submit all materials through the online application portal. Students who are currently enrolled in a graduate program at NC State University can apply by using the degree change form.
Our Graduate Application Review Committee welcomes the opportunity to review and evaluate an admission application and supporting credentials from you. A master’s degree in a related field is required to apply for the Ph.D. programs in the Wilson College of Textiles. It is preferred for students to have proof of research performance such as through Masters Thesis, or scientific conference proceedings, or peer reviewed publication.
A completed application package must contain:
- Official transcripts (minimum graduate GPA of 3.0). All relevant unofficial or official transcripts from previously attended college or university.
- Official GRE scores
- Proof of English Proficiency (international students)
- Three letters of recommendation
- A personal statement indicating strong research interests in and match of research interest with WCOT faculty research expertise
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Application Fee ($75 for domestic and US permanent residents, $85 for international). All application fees are non-refundable.
- Online North Carolina Residency Form if claiming NC residence for tuition purposes submitted within one (1) week of application submission
While applications will be accepted and reviewed until the deadline for each application group, it is encouraged that you submit your application early to be considered for funding opportunities. For Fall enrollment, the first round of funding recommendations will be made in mid March. Remaining funding opportunities (relativel less) will be distributed before the end of April.
|US Citizens:||Jun 25||Nov 25|
|Internationals:||Mar 1||Jul 15|