Charles “Chuck” Flynt ’62

Name:  Charles (Chuck) H. Flynt

Job title: Vice President and Director

Company: FlyntAmtex

Degree(s): Bachelor of Science in Textile Economics (NC State) | Small Company Management Program (Harvard Business School)

Graduation Year(s): 1962 (NC State) | 1976 (Harvard)

Talk a little about the North Carolina Textile Foundation and what it means to be a member.

I have been a member and officer of the NCTMA from the 1970s. When the textile foundation investment committee was organized in 2003, I began serving on this committee and have served since then.

What inspires you to give your time and treasure to the Wilson College of Textiles and North Carolina Textile Foundation?

As a textile student from a small North Carolina town I was able to get an education that positioned me for success in the industry. As the first in my family to get a college degree I hope my work with the foundation can contribute to financial assistance for students like me who can gain an education that opens the door to success.

What do you see in the future for the Wilson College of Textiles?

We have a legacy and responsibility as the world’s largest textile school to provide leaders prepared to shape the future of our industry.

Any other information you would like to share?

It is an honor and privilege to serve the industry through the foundation and its scholarship and academic support.