Ashley Ferguson

Ashley BradhamAshley Ferguson

Degree(s): B.S., Polymer and Color Chemistry ‘09; M.S., Textile Chemistry ‘11; PhD, Fiber and Polymer Science ‘14 (Toxicology minor)

Hometown: Dunn, NC

Current City: Kernersville, NC

Profession: Senior Chemist, Highland Industries

Council Position: Events Committee

How did the Wilson College of Textiles prepare you for your career?

A Wilson College of Textiles classmate introduced me to the company and career that I have today. The network that I obtained at the Wilson College of Textiles played an essential key in my career, but my education is what prepared me to meet the challenges of working in research and development. While at work, I draw on what I learned from the Wilson College of Textiles every day. I am confident that the network and education I obtained will continue in helping me reach my future career goals.

What does it mean to be a member of the Dean’s Young Alumni Leadership Council?

I am very grateful to the Wilson College of Textiles for providing me with the skills and connections necessary to have a successful career. Now that I have graduated, I am looking forward to working with the DYALC to give back to the Wilson College of Textiles and continue to build relationships. I believe keeping alumni engaged with each other and the Wilson College of Textiles is a great way to make the industry stronger, support innovation and provide opportunities to mentor the next generation of textile graduates.

What do you see in the future for the Wilson College of Textiles?

I believe the future of the Wilson College of Textiles will involve innovation in sustainable and smart textiles. The extensive knowledge base at the Wilson College of Textiles in fabric formation, engineering, chemistry and management will continue to help bring textile jobs back into the US and boost the economy. The College has the advantage of having all these areas of study (under one umbrella) and collaborations between the departments will bring a bright future for the Wilson College of Textiles.