Chad Seastrunk

Chad Seastrunk

Degrees: B.S. Textile Engineering ‘04 (concentration in Information Systems)  and M.S. Textile Engineering ‘05

Hometown: Raleigh, North Carolina

Current City: Durham, North Carolina

Profession: Vice President, Emergency Services and Patient Flow at Duke University Hospital

Council Position: Co-chair and DYALC co-creator (along with Mike Ferguson, Dean Hinks and NCTF staff)

How did the Wilson College of Textiles prepare you for your career?

NC State gave me the foundation, drive and skills needed to go out and work in any industry. I cannot thank my professors and the College enough for everything they gave me in the years I spent at NC State.

What does it mean to be a member of the Dean’s Young Alumni Leadership Council?

It has always been a dream of mine to be a part of a council like this. For many years, I have wanted to find a way to give back — not just monetarily, but with my time to the College that gave me so much. I view the council as the least I can do to help support such a great place. I also feel it is in part my duty to make sure that the experiences I had and were able to do are available to future students so the Wilson College of Textiles can continue to produce the amazing talent it does.

What do you see in the future for the Wilson College of Textiles?

Nothing but continued growth and success under such great leadership like Dean Hinks and the NCTF leadership team in place.  Getting to work closely with them over this past year in getting this council formed, it’s clear that the direction the College is headed in is not only the right one, but a bright one.