Courtney Musciano

Courtney Musciano

Degree: B.S. Textile Engineering ‘13 (Graphic Communications minor)

Hometown: Cary, NC

Current City: Cleveland, OH

Profession: Director of Programs, Alsico USA

Council Position: Communications Committee Chair

How did the Wilson College of Textiles prepare you for your career?

The Wilson College of Textiles prepared me academically with a great education in textile engineering, so I entered the industry with a lot of the knowledge I needed to start my career. Similarly and I believe more importantly, the Wilson College of Textiles prepared me for my career by giving me access to a wonderful network of peers and professionals in the textile industry very early on.

What does it mean to be a member of the Dean’s Young Alumni Leadership Council?

I am very honored to be a part of the Dean’s Young Alumni Leadership Council. I feel that the Wilson College of Textiles did so much for me in terms of shaping my future both personally and professionally, so I will always be looking for ways to give back. The DYALC is a great way for me to do this, and also a great way to connect with other young alumni looking to do the same.

What do you see in the future for the Wilson College of Textiles?

I believe this is a very exciting time for both the textile industry and the Wilson College of Textiles. I believe the textile industry is in a prime position to embrace new innovations and ways of thinking, and I see the Wilson College of Textiles as being the leader in driving this innovation and developing the people who will be future leaders in the textile industry.