Jasmine Flood

Jasmine Flood

Degree: Textile Technology ‘12 (Design concentration)

Hometown: Greenville, North Carolina

Current City: Raleigh, North Carolina

Profession: Owner of RIADA ADAIR

Council Position: Events Committee

How did the Wilson College of Textiles prepare you for your career?

As a designer and a business owner, I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to not only take classes in the design field but also in marketing, branding, quality control and many others. This knowledge, as well as the relationships made with faculty, staff and other students, has helped make a world of difference.

What does it mean to be a member of the Dean’s Young Alumni Leadership Council?

Simply put, NC State and the Wilson College of Textiles have played a major role in where I am today. Attending the College was one of the best decisions I’ve made thus far. Being a member of the committee has afforded me the opportunity to give back to a program that has provided me with a top-of-the-line education and continued outstanding support. I strive to make sure that the same warm culture and support is available to current students and alumni for years to come.

What do you see in the future for the Wilson College of Textiles?

Each year that I return to a Centennial Finalist Weekend or another event at the College, I’m blown away to hear about what students are creating with innovative technology. In the future, I expect to see continued growth that has no boundary as we continue to “Think and Do the Extraordinary.”