Jenna DeCandio

Jenna DeCandio

DegreeFashion and Textile Design ‘17 (Textile Design concentration; Business Administration minor)

Hometown: Cary, North Carolina

Current City: Monroe Township, New Jersey

Profession: Knit Programmer, R&D/production department, Shima Seiki USA

Council Position: Events Planning Committee

How did the Wilson College of Textiles prepare you for your career?

Without the Wilson College of Textiles, I would have not even known about Shima Seiki and their unique knitting technique known as WholeGarment. The Wilson College of Textiles offered many classes focused around utilizing Shima Seiki machines. It is here that I learned how much I enjoyed knitting – specifically WholeGarment – and that I wanted to pursue it when starting my career.

What does it mean to be a member of the Dean’s Young Alumni Leadership Council?

The Dean’s Young Alumni Leadership Council is a collective of recent graduates who have joined together to increase College alumni engagement and assist in raising funds that support Dean Hinks through the NCTF. However, to me it is more than just raising money; I am honored to be able to work alongside fellow Textile alumni to give back to the College that not only gave me the best four years of my life, but an amazing platform to start my career.

What do you see in the future for the Wilson College of Textiles?

I can only see the Wilson College of Textiles growing and improving more and more as each year passes. I hope to continue to see more industry coming to the College and providing support to students through industry-funded projects and competitions. The Wilson College of Textiles is an amazing place filled with opportunity, support and pure innovation and I am sure that is not going to change anytime soon.