Jeremy Wall

Jeremy Wall

DegreeFashion and Textile Management ‘14 (Fashion Development and Product Management concentration)

Hometown: Raleigh, North Carolina

Current City: Los Angeles, California

Profession: Founder, wearable technology company Lumenus

Council Position: Events Committee

How did the Wilson College of Textiles prepare you for your career?

I actually did my senior thesis, undergraduate research grant and senior studio collection on integrated lighting in clothing. This was the foundation of my company, Lumenus, which has advanced the concept significantly since its humble beginnings at the Wilson College of Textiles, but gave me the foundation that created the opportunity to start my own business.

What does it mean to be a member of the Dean’s Young Alumni Leadership Council?

For me it’s really important to foster the community of the Wilson College of Textiles; we have such an AMAZING alumni base, which I didn’t fully understand until after graduating. Being able to tap into this is a seriously invaluable resource — so by starting the alumni community as young as possible, it set a strong foundation (for me to make) future connections. I’m proud to be a founding member, alongside some other great alumni, and look forward to seeing the council flourish in coming years!

What do you see in the future for the Wilson College of Textiles?

I’m a bit biased, but as someone in the wearable tech/e-textiles space, I know that nowhere else in the world is poised to have as big of an impact as the Wilson College of Textiles in the near-future of this burgeoning industry. The industry partnerships are amazing and a key aspect of future growth for both our research and commercial development of these technologies. The future is bright for the Wilson College of Textiles—but I know that we need to focus on helping empower students to create and follow their dreams as early in the process as possible.