Sarah Jane Simpson

Sarah Jane Simpson

Degree: Polymer and Color Chemistry ‘11

Hometown: Raleigh, North Carolina

Current City: Raleigh, North Carolina

Profession: Sales Manager, DK Headwear

Council Position: Secretary, Main Council; Events Committee Chair

How did the Wilson College of Textiles prepare you for your career?

NC State provided a wealth of knowledge in the textile field. It allowed me to communicate articulately with the overseas factory on a regular basis. I also made meaningful relationships and connections while at the Wilson College of Textiles which has proven to be valuable.

What does it mean to be a member of the Dean’s Young Alumni Leadership Council?

It is such an honor to serve on the Dean’s Young Alumni Leadership Council. I am passionate about creating and maintaining an alumni network that will support the Wilson College of Textiles for many years to come. It’s extremely important to continue to foster meaningful relationships with our former classmates and I’m excited that we will be able to do that in a fun way. I am also looking forward to meeting alumni from other classes and sharing our Textiles memories.

What do you see in the future for the Wilson College of Textiles?

I’m excited to see how the Wilson College of Textiles continues to lead the way for further innovation in the textile field! I know that we will continue to recruit top students who will blow us away with their research projects, creativity and other contributions to the textile field. The Wilson College of Textiles will continue to grow and thrive.