Wesley Horne

Wesley Horne

Degree: Textile Apparel Management ‘04

Hometown: Wadesboro, North Carolina

Current City: Charlotte, North Carolina

Profession: President, Hornwood, Inc. (a manufacturer of knitted fabrics for many markets including athletic/activewear, outdoor, automotive, medical, footwear, aerospace, reverse osmosis filtration and more)

Council Position: Recruitment Committee

How did the Wilson College of Textiles prepare you for your career?

NC State, having the world’s best college of textiles, surrounded me with the most accomplished professors, most talented students and most impressive facilities. This gave me the confidence to excel. I know the resources at the Wilson College of Textiles have prepared me to succeed in any aspect of the textile field.

What does it mean to be a member of the Dean’s Young Alumni Leadership Council?

NC State, specifically the Wilson College of Textiles, has given so much to me, so I always strive to give back any way I can. The DYALC allows me to connect with other young alumni while advising the Dean on any issues facing the Wilson College of Textiles. Through many avenues, we engage other alumni and try to highlight the many wonderful things going on at the Wilson College of Textiles.

What do you see in the future for the Wilson College of Textiles?

The Wilson College of Textiles has been on the forefront of the industry because of the college’s ability to adapt. Change has been the only constant in the industry over the last 100+ years, and the College has done an exceptional job evolving the curriculum to meet the needs of the students to ensure they will be the most prepared people entering the workforce. I don’t know exactly where the Wilson College of Textiles will go next, but I am certain it will continue to adapt. If I had to guess, I see more and more manufacturing coming back to this hemisphere, so I would anticipate a stronger focus around manufacturing technology.