Jasmine Cox

Name: Jasmine Cox

Degree: Bachelor of Science in Textile Technology ‘13

Hometown: Raleigh, NC

Current City: Charlotte, NC

Profession: Process Coordinator, Textile Technology Center

Council Position: Events Committee Member

How did the Wilson College of Textiles prepare you for your career?

The Wilson College of Textiles prepared me for my career as a Process Coordinator by not only teaching me the technical aspects of textiles but instilling in me (and other students) leadership, strong work ethic and perseverance. Projects and trial work will rarely go off without a hitch. Every day, managing individuals with varying personalities won’t be an easy task. Being able to study at the Wilson College of Textiles taught me how to get the job done by putting forth the best effort possible.

What does it mean to be a member of the Dean’s Young Alumni Leadership Council?

Being a member of the Dean’s Young Alumni Leadership Council is truly an honor and amazing opportunity. Having the ability to help be the voice of students, alumni and the textile industry is incomparable.

What do you see in the future for the Wilson College of Textiles?

I hope that the Wilson College of Textiles continue to excel and serve as a leader in textile studies and continue to produce the top talent of the textile industry. My hope is that the Wilson College of Textiles can stay on the forefront of textile education by providing insight on innovative technology, incorporating more hands on and professional experience for students. In the future, I see the Wilson College of Textiles expanding and influencing other universities or community colleges to implement more textile studies, certificates and degrees. The Wilson College of Textiles is a key player that influences the health of the entire textile industry.