J’den Williams

J'den Williams '16 '19 '20J’Den Williams

Degrees: B.S Fashion and Textile Management ’16, M.S. Textiles ‘19 and Ph.D. Textile Technology Management ‘20

Hometown: Wake Forest, North Carolina

Current City: Wake Forest, North Carolina

Profession: Associate Store Manager, Papyrus | Graduate Assistant, Division of Academic and Student Affairs | Teaching Assistant, Wilson College of Textiles

Council Position: Communications Committee Member

How did the Wilson College of Textiles prepare you for your career?

Wilson College of Textiles and its phenomenal faculty has equipped me with a well-rounded education. They implemented value added opportunities such as company visits and rigorous group projects which allowed me to see and apply what we learned inside the classrooms. Throughout my academic journey the college also provided an environment where I could receive both personal and professional development. These experiences combined has given me a strong foundation to take on the career that lies ahead of me.

What does it mean to be a member of the Dean’s Young Alumni Leadership Council?

It was a pleasure to be extended membership into the Dean’s Young Alumni Leadership Council (DYALC) as a graduate student representative. Wilson College of Textiles has invested into me as a student for several years. DYALC gives me another opportunity to pour back into the college by passionately serving as a liaison between Wilson College of Textiles alumni, graduate students, faculty, and industry partners. It would be my honor to help foster new relationships as well as strengthen existing ones.

What do you see in the future for the Wilson College of Textiles?

Wilson College of Textiles has been fortunate enough to have amazing faculty members and students who work together to create new and exciting opportunities for the college. I am certain that industry partnerships, funding, and learning opportunities will only continue to increase for years to come.