John Hardy III

John Hardy III '07John Hardy III

Degrees: Bachelor of Science in Textile and Apparel Management ‘07

Hometown: Winston-Salem, NC

Current City: Baltimore, MD

Profession: Product Development & Merchandising, Under Armour

Council Position: Recruitment Committee Member

How did the Wilson College of Textiles prepare you for your career?

The Wilson College of Textiles taught me that there were limitless ways to pursue my passion within this industry. My exposure to multiple disciplines within the college taught me to think creatively, and prepared me early in my career with a better more holistic knowledge base than my peers in many situations.

It opened up my mind to think more globally, live in multiple regions globally, and grow my network globally.

What does it mean to be a member of the Dean’s Young Alumni Leadership Council?

Being a part of this committee allows me to help our faculty and student leaders collaborate to come up with new ways of working together and growing our curriculum to prepare them for an ever changing landscape.

I’m humbled to have been chosen and am excited to offer whatever knowledge or advice I can to our students in hopes that it may point them in the right direction as they begin their careers.

What do you see in the future for the Wilson College of Textiles?

I see a school that continues to challenge students to think beyond the norm; a school that exposes and connects our students to key industry partners. The college should be and will continue to be a place for young creatives and innovators to shape future of our industry.