Kelly Earls

Kelly Earls

Major: Fashion and Textile Management ‘21

Hometown: Gold Hill, NC

Current City: Raleigh, NC

Council Position: Events Committee

How is the Wilson College of Textiles preparing you for your career?

The NC State Wilson College of Textiles is currently preparing me for my future career by presenting me with opportunities to connect with students and alumni having similar goals in order to discuss our experiences within the textile industry.

What does it mean to be a member of the Dean’s Young Alumni Leadership Council?

I have been honored to hold the position of Undergraduate Student Representative this past year in the Dean’s Young Alumni Leadership Council. It has allowed me to bridge the gap between current students and NC State alumni, a crucial part in understanding the industry outside of college.

What do you see in the future for the Wilson College of Textiles?

I see a big future for the Wilson College of Textiles and would love to be a part of its growth. There are so many influential students and alumni here with the power to give everyone an amazing experience and long successful careers. This COVID-19 pandemic will cause a tremendous change in the textile industry within the next several years. I can’t wait to see how the Wilson College of Textiles evolves their own curriculum, events, and student support along with it.