Katelyn Bell

Katelyn Bell

Degree: B.S. Fashion Textile Management, Brand Management and Marketing ‘13, M.S. Textile Brand Management and Marketing ’15

Hometown: Charlotte, NC

Current City:  Durham, NC

Profession: Product Launch Specialist, Trivantage

Council Position: TBD

How did the Wilson College of Textiles prepare you for your career?

The Wilson College of Textiles and its professors are directly responsible for my career. My education and the relationships that were cultivated during my six years at the Wilson College of Textiles afforded me the ability to explore many different options when starting out. Ultimately the recommendation of a professor and the known reputation of the college landed me my first job at Glen Raven. My education taught me skills that I have carried with me throughout the last five years and will continue to.

What does it mean to be a member of the Dean’s Young Alumni Leadership Council?

I’m passionate about all things Wolfpack and textiles. Being a member of the Dean’s Young Alumni Leadership Council means so much to me. This university and college has given me so much and I’m excited for the opportunity to give back and continue to foster relationships.

What do you see in the future for the Wilson College of Textiles?

I believe the Wilson College of Textiles will continue to grow, leading in innovation and technology. The college continually challenges the status quo, demanding more of itself, its faculty and students. I’m excited to see how the college evolves as it has already change so much since I was a student.