Matthew Iezzi

Matthew Iezzi

Degree: B.S. Textile Technology ‘18, M.S. Textile Engineering ’19

Hometown: Gastonia, NC

Current City:  Los Angeles, CA

Profession: Textile Engineer, Ambercycle

Council Position: TBD

How did the Wilson College of Textiles prepare you for your career?

From day one the faculty stressed the importance of out of classroom involvement and learning that played a major role in leading me to my current role. The hands on experience in internships and senior design was instrumental for a career in an ever-competitive textile industry. Faculty were truly subject matter experts, and I have routinely called upon them for industry specific technical consulting and career advice and feel comfortable doing so to this day.

What does it mean to be a member of the Dean’s Young Alumni Leadership Council?

The domestic textile industry is very tight knit, and alumni are proud to be able to serve as link back to the college from their employers, many of which are large players and value these ties to the college greatly. This council allows me to pay forward the benefits I gained from the college’s culture of prioritizing student success, which clearly pays dividends in training the best and brightest coming out of WCOT programs.

What do you see in the future for the Wilson College of Textiles?

I see, now more than ever an industry that recognizes and capitalizes on the value that comes out of the college. From its facilities, research, and people; there simply is no better place to go to create the textile products and companies of the future.