Md Sadaqul Bari

Md Sadaqul Bari

Degree: Ph.D. in Textile Technology Management’ 22

Hometown: Bogura, Bangladesh

Current City: Raleigh, NC

Profession: Student

Council Position: Student Representative

How did the Wilson College of Textiles prepare you for your career?

At Wilson College of Textiles, with the advanced course and lab facilities, dedicated and qualified faculty members, I get the chance to familiarize myself with the current developments in the industry. Besides, the college’s intensive liaison with industry provides me the opportunityto perform company’s projects which allowed me to learn many new things and apply what I learned from the college. The college also provides personal and professional development opportunities. All these opportunities have given me a strong foundation toward my career goal.

What does it mean to be a member of the Dean’s Young Alumni Leadership Council?

It is a great honor to get the opportunity to serve in Dean’s Young Alumni Leadership Council (DYALC) as a graduate student representative. This is the platform where my leadership skills will further increase and at the same time, I will get the opportunity to serve the college as a liaison between Wilson College of Textiles alumni, graduate students, faculty, and industry professionals. As a result, my networks will expand as well as strengthen existing ones.

What do you see in the future for the Wilson College of Textiles?

Wilson College of Textiles has already a great reputation worldwide in terms of industry partnerships, funding, and learning opportunities. I believe that the combined effort of faculty, alumni, and graduate students will keep up this reputation.