Dr. Jasper has been interested in real-time data acquisition and control since his undergraduate days when he measured the variation the earth’s gravity due to the tides. Although he has worked in the aerospace industry designing spacecraft altitude and control systems, he currently designs data acquisition and control systems for textile processes. His research interests include measurement and control of dyeing, plasma textiles for nanoparticle filtration, and writing Linux device drivers which can be found at https://github.com/wjasper/Linux_Drivers. In 2014 he was the recipient of a Fulbright grant in engineering education to promote study abroad for undergraduate textile engineers.
- Real-time monitoring and control of the batch dyeing process
- Filtration: electret filters and plasma textiles.
- Real-time defect detection in woven fabrics
- Real-time measurement and characterization of yarn using wavelets
- B.S. Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- M.S. Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- PhD. Stanford University
- Gertrude M. Cox Award for Innovative Excellence in Teaching and Learning with Technology, 2009-2010
- Fulbright Specialist award 2014
- TE 205 Analog and Digital Circuits
- TE 302 Textile Manufacturing and Systems II (Fabric forming systems)
- TE/CHE 435 Process Systems Analysis and Control
- TE 535 Lean Six Sigma Quality
- TE 716 Multivariable Linear Systems Theory
Refereed (Peer reviewed) Journal Articles Published
- Y. Sun, W. Jasper and E. DenHartog, “Effects of Air Velocity, Air Gap Thickness and Configuration on Heat Transfer of a Wearable Convective Cooling System”, Textile Science & Engineering, 5:6 2015.
- Y. Sun and W. Jasper, “Numerical modeling of heat and moisture transfer in a wearable convective cooling system for human comfort”, Building and Environment, Vol. 93 Part 2, pp 50-62, November 2015. S.C. Rasipuram, M. Wu, LA. Kuznetsov, A.V. Kuznetsov, J.F Levine, W.J. Jasper, and A.V. Saveliev, “Submicrometre particle filtration with a de activated plasma textile”, J. Phys D: Appl. Physics, val 47 2014.
- S.C. Rasipuram, M. Wu, LA. Kuznetsov, A.V. Kuznetsov, J.F Levine, W.J. Jasper, and A.V. Saveliev, “Submicrometre particle filtration with a de activated plasma textile”, J. Phys D: Appl. Physics, val 47 2014.
- S. Gangadharan, R.S. Sanghavi, A.V. Kuznetsov, W.J. Jasper, “Modeling of Flow through a Sandwiched Monolith Filter”, Particulate Science and Technology, Vol. 31 Issue 3, pp 226-233, May 2013.
- M. Wu, W.J. Jasper, A.V. Kuznetsov, N. Johnson, S.C. Rasipuram, “Submicron particle filtration in monolith filters- A modeling and experimental study”, Journal of Aerosol Science, Vol. 57, 2013 pp. 96-113.
- S.M. Jasper and W.J. Jasper, “Methods and Impact of Reducing Salt in Dyeing Cellulose: A Case Study with Direct Blue 90”, Coloration Technology. Vol 129, Issue 5, pp 385-388, October 2013.
- S. Gangadharn, A.V. Kuznetsov, H. Zhu, J. Hinestroza, W.J. Jasper, “Modeling of Cross Flow Across an Electrostatically Charged Monolith Filter”, Particulate Science and Technology, Vol. 30, Issue 5, pp. 461-473, June 2012.
- M. Giinay, M. Farrell, W. Dixon, B. Smith, and W. Jasper “Fiber Analysis via Real-Time Monitoring of Dye Uptake”, AATCC Review, Volll. No.4 July/August 2011 pp. 75-79.
- G. Wu, A.V. Kuznetsov, W. J. Jasper, “Distribution characteristics of exhaust gases and soot particles in wall-flow ceramics filter”, Journal of Aerosol Science, Vol 42 Issue 7, pp 447-461, July 2011.
- Seung Geol Lee, Renzo Shamey, David Hinks, Warren Jasper “Development of a comprehensive visual dataset on a CIE blue color center: Assessment of color difference formulae using various statistical methods”, Color Research and Applications, Vol. 35 Issue 1 pp. 27-41, February 2011.
Refereed (Peer reviewed) Proceeding Articles Published
- I.A. KuzneCtsov, A.V. Saveliev ,S. Rasipuram, A.V. Kuznetsov, A. Brown, and W. Jasper, “Development of Active Porous Medium Filters Based on Plasma Textiles”, Porous Media and Its Applications in Science, Engineering and Industry, Forth International Conference, June 17-22, 2012, Potsdam, Germany, AIP Conf. Proc. 1453, K. Vafai (ed.), pp. 265-270, 2012, doi: 10.1063/1.4711186.
- I.A. Kuznetsov, W. Jasper, S.C. Rasipuram, A.V. Kuznetsov, A. Brown, and A.V. Saveliev, “Development of Plasma Textile for Nanoparticle Filtration and Bacterial Deactivation”, ASME 2012 lOth International Conference on Nanochannels, Microchannels and Minichannels, July 8-12, 2012, Rio Grande, Puerto Rico, USA, paper# ICNMM2012-73019.
- W. Jasper, J. Joines, J. Brenzovich, “Fabric Defect Detection Using GA Tuned Wavelet Filter”, Proceedings of the ISCA 18th International Conference On Computers and their Applications, Honolulu, Hawaii, March 26-28 2003.
- W. Huang, W. Jasper, E. Grant, G. Lee, “Convergence Properties of a Self-Organizing Fuzzy Sliding Mode Controller”, Proc. of the ISCA International Conference On Intelligent Systems, Washington, D.C., June 2001.