About Emily Law
Dr. Emily Law is currently an Assistant Teaching Professor in the Department of Textile and Apparel, Technology and Management, Wilson College of Textiles, at North Carolina State University. She obtained her B.S. degree in Fashion and Textile management from the NC State College of Textiles, M.S. in Textiles from the Wilson College of Textiles at NC State, and Ph.D. in Textiles Technology Management from the Wilson College of Textiles at NC State. Her research focuses on clothing psychology, specifically the psychological impact clothing can have on the person wearing it. In addition to her academic work, Emily is the owner/operator of Silk & Sage, a hand-crafted costume store she started in 2017.
Clothing psychology; Social Influence of Clothing; Fashion & Emotion; Fashion and Education.
- B.S. Fashion and Textiles Management, North Carolina State University, 2015
- M.S. Textile Technology Management, North Carolina State University, 2016
- Ph.D. Textile Technology Management, North Carolina State University, 2020
- Business Attire Fashion or Appropriateness: What Should Marketers Emphasize? An Abstract
- Law, E., & Rothenberg, L. (2019), In Developments in Marketing Science: Proceedings of the Academy of Marketing Science (pp. 829–830). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-02568-7_220
- The Impact of Student Outfit Choice on Class Participation
- Law, E., & Istook, C. (2016), In International Textile and Apparel Association Annual Conference Proceedings. https://doi.org/10.31274/itaa_proceedings-180814-1728
- FTM 219 - Fashion Product Analysis ,
- FTM 415 - Fashion Product Development ,
- FTM 315 - Fashion Product Design ,
- FTM 497 - Senior Fashion Studio ,