About Lori Rothenberg
Dr. Lori Rothenberg is an Associate Professor in the department of Textile and Apparel, Technology and Management within the Wilson College of Textiles. She joined the department in the Fall of 2015.
Dr. Rothenberg originally joined NC State University in 2007 as a member of the Zeis Textile Extension Education for Economic Development (ZTE) center, where she provided analytical training and consulting to the textile, apparel, and affiliated industries. Lori rose to serve as the Director of ZTE, before joining the faculty. Under her leadership, ZTE grew its outreach through expanded custom analytics offerings, hosted national and international conferences, and a strong infrastructure.
Prior to joining NC State University, Lori worked for SAS, the world’s largest independent vendor in the business intelligence software and services market. Over the course of her career at SAS, she was a statistical trainer, a training program manager, a higher education consultant and the SAS Global Certification program manager.
Dr. Rothenberg has provided analytical training and consulting to a variety of industries including textiles, apparel, healthcare, automotive, pharmaceutical, chemical, semiconductor and financial, as well as to government agencies.
Dr. Rothenberg’s awards and honors include the 2020 International Textile and Apparel Association Paper of Distinction Award in the Merchandising/Retailing II Marketing track with first author Ms. Chloe Shin, 2018 Emerald Literati Award for Outstanding Paper [Co-authors: Dr. Ruth Adikorley, Dr. Kristin Thoney-Barletta, Dr. Jeff Joines and Dr. Lori Rothenberg],Ted Eschenbach Best EMJ Journal Paper Award for 2013 with co-authors Drs. McCreery and Lukasz Mazur, Outstanding Extension Service Award (NC State University), Certificate of Appreciation from the U.S. Army Special Operations Command, Outstanding Teaching Award (Wayne State University), and the Phi Delta Kappa Research Award.
Data Science, Economic Competitiveness, Sustainability, and Consumer Behavior
- Ph.D. Educational Psychology (Major: Quantitative Analysis, Minor: Human Development and Learning), The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill,
- B.S. Education (Major: Elementary Education — Science, Minor: Elementary Education — Mathematics), Wayne State University,
- Consumer store experience through virtual reality: its effect on emotional states and perceived store attractiveness
- Jin, B., Kim, G., Moore, M., & Rothenberg, L. (2021), FASHION AND TEXTILES, 5. https://doi.org/10.1186/s40691-021-00256-7
- Assessing supply chain risk for apparel production in low cost countries using newsfeed analysis
- Handfield, R., Sun, H., & Rothenberg, L. (2020), SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT-AN INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL. https://doi.org/10.1108/SCM-11-2019-0423
- Exploring young consumer's decision-making for luxury co-branding combinations
- Yu, Y., Rothenberg, L., & Moore, M. (2020), INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RETAIL & DISTRIBUTION MANAGEMENT. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJRDM-12-2019-0399
- Is Honesty the Best Policy? Examining the Role of Price and Production Transparency in Fashion Marketing
- Kim, N., Kim, G., & Rothenberg, L. (2020), Sustainability. https://doi.org/10.3390/su12176800
- Young luxury fashion consumers' preferences in multi-channel environment
- Lee, H., Rothenberg, L., & Xu, Y. (2020), INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RETAIL & DISTRIBUTION MANAGEMENT. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJRDM-11-2018-0253
- Influence of demographics and motivational factors on US consumer clothing and shoes disposal behavior
- Arangdad, S. R., Thoney-Barletta, K., Joines, J., & Rothenberg, L. (2019), Research Journal of Textile and Apparel, 23(3), 170–188. https://doi.org/10.1108/rjta-08-2018-0051
- Revealed comparative advantage for US textiles and apparel
- Saki, Z., Moore, M., Kandilov, I., Rothenberg, L., & Godfrey, A. B. (2019), COMPETITIVENESS REVIEW, 29(4), 462–478. https://doi.org/10.1108/CR-03-2018-0025
- The impact of mass customization on fashion-innovative students: an assessment of need for uniqueness, self-identity, and perceived performance risk
- Matthews, D., Rothenberg, L., & Gopalakrishnan, S. (2019), International Journal of Fashion Design, Technology and Education. https://doi.org/10.1080/17543266.2019.1601263
- An assessment of the relationships between attitudes toward patriotism, environmentalism, and the purchase of organic apparel in U.S. consumers
- Wang, M., Rothenberg, L., & Matthews, D. (2018, June). , . Paper presented at the American Worldwide Marketing Congress, Porto, Portugal.
- An exploration of mass customization antecedents: the role of fashion consciousness
- Matthews, D., & Rothenberg, L. (2018, June). , . Paper presented at the 2018 American Marketing Association/American Collegiate Retail Association Triennial Conference, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- American Marketing Association
- American Statistical Association
- International Textile and Apparel Association
- - Global Textile and Apparel Business Dynamics ,
- - The Textile Industry ,
- - Global Trade and Sourcing ,
- - Marketing Research ,
- - Survey Design and Analysis ,
- - Logistic Regression ,
- - Design of Experiments ,
- - Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt, Black Belt, Green Belt, and Yellow Belt ,