- This event has passed.
Spring 2017 Graduation
May 13, 2017 @ 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
The Wilson College of Textiles will celebrate the graduation of 245 undergraduate and graduate students Saturday, May 13. The ceremony will begin at 1:30 p.m. in the courtyard at the Wilson College of Textiles complex on Centennial Campus.
Given that the current forecast calls for rain, please see the following important notes and recommendations. Also note that graduation will be livestreamed for those who aren’t able to attend.
- Safety is our number one concern. In the event of thunder or lightning, we will have a weather delay, move everyone to the safety of the building, and once the threat has passed, we will return to the courtyard and continue with the ceremony until completed.
- Brick surfaces and grassy areas may be slick from the rain, so we ask everyone to use the maximum caution when walking around the college or courtyard.
- Ponchos, rain coats, small tarps, towels and rain boots are encouraged. However, tents, umbrellas and any large tarps that may block the view of people seated behind you will not be allowed.
- For guests who choose to attend the ceremony but prefer not to sit in the rain, we will have indoor seating available in classrooms, the W. Duke Kimbrell Atrium and the Dickson Student Lounge, and we plan to livestream the ceremony into those areas as well.
- We recommend that guests choosing to sit outside bring towels to dry their seats.
- We highly discourage one person from a family arriving early in order to save a large number of seats for family, extended family and friends. In fairness to every family, if everyone wants to sit together, please wait until the full group is assembled before sitting.
- Likewise, in fairness to everyone, please ask family members not to block the view of seated guests by standing in front of them.
- There will be a designated location for family members who want to come up to the stage to take pictures of graduates accepting their diploma covers, but we ask that photographers do not crowd around the stage waiting to take photographs. This blocks others’ view of the stage.
- Parking for those with handicap plates or hang tags will be located in the small parking lot outside of Student and Career Services and Port City Java.
Again, graduation can be viewed via the livestream at: go.ncsu.edu/tex-graduation-livestream.