- This event has passed.
Wilson College of Textiles Image Contest
January 15, 2019 - February 8, 2019
The Textile Association of Graduate Students (TAGS) is seeking to promote the dynamic and innovative research of the Wilson College of Textiles by displaying research images at Techtextil North America 2019. Help us highlight the beauty and significance of your research to colleagues, the Wilson College, and Industry from around the world. All undergraduate students, graduate students, and postdocs are encouraged to submit their images from their scholarly research work in the following 3 categories:
- Photography (including photos of field work, designed dress, fabric and yarn etc)
- Microscopy (Optical, SEM and TEM)
- Graphics and illustration (Colored simulation image and colored SEM/TEM)
Winning Prizes (along with free admission into Texhtextil NA 2019):
- 1st Prize: $150
- 2nd Prize: $100
- 3rd Prize: $50
The winning images will be recognized:
- In the Wilson College booth at Techtextil NA 2019 and during the Techtextil NA 2019 reception.
- At the Textile Research Open House, April 5th 2019.
- On the Wilson College display screens throughout the 2019 academic year.
Resolution: It is important to capture and retain the highest-resolution original with the tools used in image creation (e.g. a 12MP camera captures a 4368 x 2912 px image). If needed, submissions may be compressed as a copy of the original to meet 10MB maximum upload size.
- All images should be submitted with the prior permission of research supervisor.
- All images should be original, well-executed, and effective at communicating information to the general audience. Submissions must be related to a specific research project that took place, or is ongoing, at the NC State Wilson College of Textiles.
Submission deadline: Friday, February 8th, 2019.
Use this google form to submit your images.