The College of Textiles Office of Student & Career Services strives to strengthen and empower the textile industry with qualified individuals by providing a lifetime of service through high school recruitment, personal and career development, scholarship support, student activities, and alumni relations.
Undergraduate & Graduate Recruiting Opportunities
Fall 2017 Textile Job Forum and Career Fair – Thursday, September 14, 2017
The Fall 2017 Textile Job Forum and Career Fair gives you the opportunity to:
- Make contact with the largest pool of technically educated textile and fashion students anywhere in the country.
- Resolve your hiring needs in the midst of a nationwide shortage of students and alumni with strong technical textile backgrounds.
- Recruit for a variety of positions including future management trainees, design and process engineers, chemists, merchandisers, designers, sourcing agents, Six Sigma and quality managers and sales representatives.
- Learn about our unique programs and the many ways your organization can partner with us.
- Hear about updates in our academic programs, career services process, 2016 to 2017 career services statistics, and tour the college.
Last year, we experienced a near record number of companies interested in attending and had to cap participation due to space limitations. So don’t delay. Register by Aug. 18, 2017.
Thursday, Sept. 14
9:00am – Information Session
11:30am – Industry Lunch
12:00pm – College Tour (optional)
1:00pm – 4:00pm – Job Forum and Career Fair
Companies will be charged a $200 fee to attend the Fall 2017 Textile Job Forum and Career Fair and will be provided with an 8’x3′ space, company sign, one six-foot table and two chairs. If your display requires a laptop and/or electricity, please bring your own equipment and extension cords.
Payment and Registration Details
The fee to attend our information sessions, lunch and career fair is only $200 per company per table.
To register, go to the link below, fill out the registration form, and submit no later than Friday, Aug. 18.
Please contact Kent Hester, Director of Student & Career Services, with any questions at 919-515-3780.
Looking to Hire?
If your company is looking to hire we offer your company to post a job description or an interest sign-up sheet for our students seeking an internship or full-time employment to access. We can also arrange for your company to set-up an on-campus interview, telephone interview, or a virtual interview. If your company is interested in posting a job or setting up an interview please review our How to Get Your Job Opportunities to Textile Students form.
If your company is interested in any of the following please contact Kent Hester via email or (919) 515-6530, company information session, sponsor a student or alumni event, serve as a guest speaker in a class, or on a career panel.