Tri-Component Melt Extrusion Lab
The Wilson College of Textiles houses a state-of-the-art tri-component melt-spinning line with capability to extrude three distinct polymer components simultaneously.
Plates for the spin-pack can be made to order for your custom filament design including: islands-in-the-sea, segmented pie, sheath-core-core, etc. Specifications are listed below.
Extruder Size and Performance Table
|Extruder A||Extruder B||Extruder C|
|Screw Diameter[mm (inch)]||18 (¾)||18 (¾)||25 (1)|
|Metering Pump Capacity [cc/rev]||0.6||0.6||1.8|
|Pump Throughput [kg/hr (lb/hr)]||3 (6.6), PET||3 (6.6), PET||8 (17.6), PET|
- Fiber extrusion up to 350 °C
- Screw length/diameter ratio: 30:1 L/D
- Three melt pumps, thermally isolated
- Laminar quench air flow rate from 0 to 2.54 m/sec (500 ft/min) at 12 °C
- Fume exhaust
- Metered spin finish
- Godet speed range from 0 to 2,000 m/min
- Godet temperature range from ambient to 200 °C
- Leesona tension controlled winder
- Complete modern instrumentation and controls with data logging
This state-of-the-art tri-component melt extruder is available for research and product development purposes. Talk to us about scheduling a trial.
Responsible for Lab
Ericka Ford | firstname.lastname@example.org