TATM students can receive academic credit for a summer internship if
- The summer internship is structured and closely related to their FTD or FTM major.
- The student works a minimum of 150 hours during their summer internship.
- The student is enrolled in the 3 credit Textiles Internship Class, T493, during the same summer as the internship. (Please note that this requires paying summer tuition.)
- The student successfully completes the T493 course requirements.
- The student has not previously taken T493.
T493 will be offered via distance education in 2020 Summer Session I – 10 weeks.
T493 will count towards 3 credits of a student’s FTD or FTM Electives in their degree audit.
Students can take T493 regardless if their internship is paid or not.
T493 Enrollment Process
- The Internship Approval Form must be submitted by Friday, May 8, 2020 (Friday prior to the start of Summer I).
- However, the form will need to be submitted at least 2 days prior to the end of the regular Summer I registration period, if you would like to avoid late registration fees.
- If the internship is approved, you will be enrolled in T493.
- The Internship Agreement Form must be submitted by Monday, May 11, 2020 (two days prior to the first day of Summer I).
- If the Internship Agreement Form is not received by Monday, May 11, 2020, you will be dropped from T493.