Shows & Competitions (in order of deadline)
ITA Educational Foundation
In addition to promoting the growth and development of the home furnishings industry through Showtime®, the International Textile Alliance underscores its commitment to industry development with the ITA Educational Foundation. The ITA cordially invites you into an educational partnership with us during the 2019 spring semester.
The current activities offered to you and your students are listed below:
- Cover Competition Deadline: February 27th
- Spotlights the design talents of a student and their school. Winning design will be featured on the cover of the June 2019 Show Guide.
- Virginia Jackson Design Competition Deadline: March 28th
- Established in 1995 to honor students in the field of textile design; awards are given in both woven and print categories.
- Internship Program: Ongoing
- A unique partnership with our ITA Member companies and students who are preparing for a career in the home furnishings textile industry.
The guidelines and entry forms are here. Please note that monetary awards are not currently being offered to competition winners. However, we strongly believe that the recognition for students is invaluable. We urge you to encourage your students to participate in the educational challenge.
This competition is relatively new to the Environmental Awards, and I’m hoping to get more people from the community interested in participating this year. The purpose of the Trashion Design Competition is to change how we think about waste through the creation of unique garments and accessories constructed from items that would otherwise be tossed in the trash. I was hoping that you might be able to get the word out through your channels. I have attached a copy of the “Trashion Show” flyer that you can share.
Online applications are being accepted at https://raleighnc.seamlessdocs.com/f/2019EnvironmentalAwardsApplication
Rules are posted at http://www.raleighnc.gov/environment/content/AdminServSustain/Articles/EnvironmentalAwards.html under the “Trashion Design Competition” tab.
The competition is open to Raleigh residents that are 14 years of age or older, and applications/submissions are accepted until February 1, 2019. The Environmental Awards will be held on April 4, 2019, at Market Hall at the Historic City Market at 215 Wolfe Street in Downtown Raleigh.
The ICFA/Richard Frinier Design Scholarship
The winner of the ICFA / Richard Frinier Design Scholarship Competition will receive:
- A $2,000 scholarship to support their design studies
- One round-trip economy class airfare ticket and one night’s hotel stay in Chicago to attend Casual Market Chicago with a tour by industry mentors
- Personal introductions to Richard Frinier, Jackie Hirschhaut, Executive Director of ICFA, and the Chairman of the Board of Directors of ICFA during Casual Market Chicago
Entry Deadline: May 31, 2019 Read more
AATCC Concept 2 Consumer ® Student Design Competition
Design a line of three to six apparel pieces for a specific outdoor activity that is both fashionable and functional to use in the rain. This new line should enhance the outdoor experience while being used in the rain. Click here to learn more.
Competition Entry Guidelines and Checklist
Individual/Student Membership (required)
Membership must be purchased by April 8, 2019
Optional: use color palette inspiration from PANTONEVIEW Colour Planner Spring/Summer 2019
Questions, contact Manisha Patel email@example.com
Spoonflower Emerging Designer Grant
The Spoonflower Emerging Designer Grant, an award to support undergraduate and graduate students in pursuit of textile and design degrees worldwide. Grants are awarded to a select group of recipients each month to create their own digitally printed custom fabric and wall media for use in shows and exhibitions. Recipients are chosen monthly on a rolling basis.