Shows & Competitions (in order of deadline)
In addition to promoting the growth and development of the home furnishings industry through Showtime®, the International Textile Alliance underscores its commitment to industry development with the ITA Educational Foundation. The ITA cordially invites you into an educational partnership with us during the 2020 year.
-Cover Competition Deadline: February 10th (Spring) & October 5th (Fall), 2020
- Spotlights the design talents of a student and their school. Winning design will be featured on the cover of the 2020 Show Guides.
-Virginia Jackson Design Competition Deadline: April 9th
- Established in 1995 to honor students in the field of textile design; awards are given in both woven and print categories.
-Internship Program: Ongoing
- A unique partnership with our ITA Member companies and students who are preparing for a career in the home furnishings textile industry. We have recently introduced a new career center at jobs.internationaltextilealliance.org. Students interested in internship opportunities should begin by creating a profile on the career center and then send their resume directly to Carrie Dillon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
17th Annual North American Student Design Competition
FASHION AND TEXTILE
Sponsored by Alpaca Owners Association, INC. (AOA)
Entries must be postmarked no later than April 19, 2020.
- April 19, 2020 — Deadline for postmark of entries and fees
- May 2020— Judging of entries, notification of finalists
- June 2020 — Placements of all entries sent to instructors
- July 10-12, 2020— AOA Student Design Retreat presentation of awards and scholarships to finalists/exhibit of entries
- September 2020 — After the retreat all entries with SASE will be returned with scorecards and placements to entrants
PCA VISION 2020
Milliken &Company is partnering with the Professional Association Clothing Industry Worldwide (PCIAW) for their 2020 summit and award. Part of the program is the PCA Vision Awards which is a design contest for students in fashion or textile design. There are three awards available that each consist of a cash prize as well as visibility among multiple global apparel brands. Below is a link to the details.
Spoonflower Emerging Designer Grant
The Spoonflower Emerging Designer Grant, an award to support undergraduate and graduate students in pursuit of textile and design degrees worldwide. Grants are awarded to a select group of recipients each month to create their own digitally printed custom fabric and wall media for use in shows and exhibitions. Recipients are chosen monthly on a rolling basis.