Student Competitions & Shows
Shows & Competitions (in order of deadline)
Global Fashion Jewelry and Accessories Award
On behalf of our Hon President Mr. James Cheng [Former LVMH Watch and Jewelry General Manger China and Vice President of Rado Watch Swatch Group] and the Global Fashion Jewelry and Accessories Council, I would like to invite students to enter the inaugural “JA+ The 100 Most Influential Awards” (2017).
Participants will have the opportunity to further their career and have exposure to a number of industry leaders, not least the members of our judging panel.
- Our Judging Panel will feature Heads of Design, Buyers, Investors and HR Directors from luxury groups such as LVMH, Tiffany, Swarovski and Michael Kors. Feedback will be given to entrants.
- A-List celebrities will wear the winners’designs to create further publicity with a combined reach of more than 20 million fans and followers on social media.
- A global showcase with exhibitions in London, Shanghai and New York.
- Leading industry media such as Vogue, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar, Glamour and Refinery29 have agreed to cover the event and will be conducting interviews.
Entry is now open and will continue until Monday, November 20, 2017. Full details, an online application form and portfolio submission form is available at www.j-ac.org. If you have questions, email us on email@example.com.
ITA Educational Foundation programs
Cover Competition Deadlines: Oct. 3rd & Feb. 27th
- Spotlights the design talents of a student and their school.
Industry Symposium “Fabric: From Concept to Consumer” Deadline: Jan. 17th
- The annual three-day industry tour began in 1999, bringing students and faculty together from design schools throughout the US for a unique exchange between academia and industry. The upcoming tour will occur on February 7-9, 2018.
Virginia Jackson Design Competition Deadline: April 9th
- Established in 1995 to honor students in the field of textile design; awards are given in both woven and print categories.
Internship Program: Ongoing
- A unique partnership with our ITA Member companies and students who are preparing for a career in the home furnishings textile industry.
Spoonflower Emerging Designer Grant
The Spoonflower Emerging Designer Grant, an award to support undergraduate and graduate students in pursuit of textile and design degrees worldwide. Grants are awarded to a select group of recipients each month to create their own digitally printed custom fabric and wall media for use in shows and exhibitions. Recipients are chosen monthly on a rolling basis.