The Dye Synthesis Laboratory is devoted to the design, synthesis, and characterization of organic dyes and pigments. The activities of this laboratory are routinely used for education, research, and external service work as well as training.
• Laboratory- and preparative-scale synthesis of dyes and pigments.
• Chromatographic methods for dye purification.
• Catalytic hydrogenation.
• Emission and absorption spectroscopy.
• Vacuum distillation.
• Analytical methods for dye and pigment characterization.
• Solution and solid state photolysis.
• Excited state lifetime determinations.
• Par hydrogenator
• Stand-up hood for column chromatography
• Rotary evaporator
• Vacuum system for filtration and distillation
• Lab-scale mill for particle size reduction
• Solar simulator
• IPCE system
• Exhaust hoods
• Schlenk lines
• Flash chromatography
• Biologic potentiostat
• Photolytic chambers