Thank you for your interest in Polymer Camp 2020. Regretfully, due to the recent COVID-19 outbreak the University has made a decision not to hold camp this summer.
This workshop is designed for high school students interested in physical sciences and engineering, and attending NC State University.
- Engage in hands-on laboratories and interactive sessions
- Learn about the degree programs in Textile Engineering, Chemistry and Science
- Learn about scholarships in the Wilson College of Textiles
- Learn about the admissions process for NC State University
- Be provided with lunch and snacks
- Print their own NC State t-shirt following the first day of camp and attend dinner (parents and siblings welcome!)
- Must be a rising sophomore, junior or senior
- Not enrolled in STEP for Summer 2019 and
- Be able to provide your own transportation to and from NC State and accommodations. (Out-of-town attendees should contact us for housing suggestions.)
Cost: $45 administrative fee payable upon acceptance (financial assistance may be available). Please note that this fee is non-refundable if canceling the week of camp.
Location: The program will be held in the Wilson College of Textiles’ world renowned facilities, located on NC State’s Centennial Campus. (1020 Main Campus Drive, Raleigh, NC 27606)
Applications will be reviewed beginning June 1. Acceptance is based on available space and qualifications of those applying.
Questions? Please email Joyce Cole from the Textile Engineering, Chemistry and Science Department at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Dress Code: You’ll be in the lab so please wear long pants, closed toed shoes and hair ties for long hair. (TECS’ Commitment to Safety)
More information may be found on the Polymer Camp information page.