Sponsor a 2016-2017 Project
We are currently soliciting sponsors for the 2016-2017 academic year. For more information, please see the following request for projects.
The Senior Design course in Textile Engineering, Chemistry & Science (TECS) is the capstone course for the Textile Engineering and Textile Technology degree programs. This course presents student teams with a relevant industrial or research problem that necessitates the need for the teams to leverage prior classwork to create a solution. These open-ended problems, defined by sponsors, challenge the students to think outside of standard educational classroom learning environment to prepare them for the workplace environment. Students gain experience in defining criteria based on sponsor needs, concept ideation, prototyping, and evaluation.
• Concept formation & prototype development of a relevant problem for your company
• Interaction with prospective students
• Identification of new technology & trends
• Visibility of your company in TECS, the College of Textiles, and at NC State University
• Fostering new directions in education within the TECS department.