First-Year Textiles Scholarship – Apply!
The next generation of textile leadership begins here with you.
Between October 1 – December 1
- Oct. 1 – Nov. 1: Be endorsed by your high school or self endorse for the Textiles Scholarships
- First week of December: Scholarship application opens and students are notified via email
- January 14: Application Deadline
- February 7: All applicants notified of Finalist status
- February 25 – 26: Interview Weekend
- Week of March 7: All finalists notified of award status
- June 2022: Scholar Class of 2026 announced
If you believe you’re qualified for one of the first-year incoming student Textiles Scholarships based on our selection criteria of scholarship, leadership, service, ethics and character, we encourage you to apply! The application process for the Textiles Scholarship and NC State undergraduate admissions are separate, be sure to follow the instructions below.
By November 1:
The Textiles Scholarship application asks that you elaborate on:
- Interests in a Wilson College of Textiles degree
- Leadership experience and abilities
- Career aspirations and contributions you intend that will enhance the industry or society
From the NC State admissions application, we will also review your:
- High school transcript, submitted by a counselor / advisor
School Endorsement – Opens October 1
- North Carolina and high school across the country are solicited for endorsements each year. Our endorsement school listing is updated annually and schools are added as we receive endorsements from new high schools each year.
- Each school is able to endorse an unlimited number of students for our scholarships. We recommend students that are endorsed have or will be applying for NC State admission by the early action deadline, November 1, and have an interest in career fields such as engineering, business management, apparel or textile design, chemistry, polymers, forensics, medical fields, fashion merchandising and retail management. Be sure to check with your school counselor and let them know you are interested in being endorsed. If your school has completed their endorsements, you may self-endorse.
Self-Endorsement – Opens October 1
- If your high school has completed their scholarship endorsements, you may self endorse. Please be sure to apply for admissions to NC State by the early action deadline, November 1
Textiles Scholarship Application
- The first-year incoming student Textiles Scholarship will open Monday, December 14, 2020 via PackAssist. Students who have been endorsed or self endorsed, completed and submitted their NC State undergraduate admissions application will receive an email giving them access to submit their Textiles Scholarship.
- There is only one application for all scholarships for incoming freshmen students, by submitting an application for the incoming first-year Textiles Scholarship, students have applied for the Centennial, Textile Pioneer, NCTF Distinguished Merit and Prestige Scholarship.