- This event has passed.
Dyeing and Finishing Fundamentals
April 21 - April 24$1295
***Dyeing and Finishing Fundamentals will proceed using an online delivery format.
This course is a must for anyone working with dyed and finished fabrics. In this session you will learn the basic concepts of textile wet processing which include preparation, dyeing, printing and finishing with emphasis on the interrelationships of fabric styles and wet processing steps. Specifically, you will focus on various processing sequences, details the causes and solutions to many common finished fabric problems and the requirements for quality fabrics.
- $1295 per person
- $1195 for additional registrants from same company
What you will learn:
- Natural and synthetic fiber properties
- Fabric preparation: key process to consistent dyeing and finishing
- Importance of color and factors that affect fabric shade
- Dyestuffs used for natural and man-made fibers: procedures used and properties that can be expected
- How to dye blends (polyester/cotton, cotton/wool, etc.)
- Fabric printing techniques
- Chemical and mechanical finishing processes and techniques
- Fabric evaluation and testing
- Root causes and problem solving methods for common dyeing issues, such as shade repeatibility and dye levelness
- Dye procedure optimization
- Acquire technical knowledge of the basic principles of preparation, dyeing and finishing
- Understand the variety and complexity of dyeing and finishing techniques
- Receive first-class instruction supplemented by tours of our model manufacturing facility
- Meet participants in all fields of the industry and the NC State Wilson College of Textiles teaching staff
Who should attend:
This course will help all personnel interested in expanding their knowledge of the basic technology of dyeing and finishing–product development personnel, dyers, dye and chemical suppliers, fabric and yarn producers, finishers, printers, garment dyers, marketing and sales personnel and technical service personnel.
Closed-toed shoes are required while attending this course.