- This event has passed.
Fiber and Fabric Identification Techniques
July 30 - August 1$1195
This course will explore textile topics that are of importance to anyone involved in developing fabric specifications and conducting laboratory analysis of fiber and fabric. This course benefits textile laboratory personnel as well as those dealing with customs regulations and crime scene investigations. In this course you’ll learn about fiber properties, fabric identification and introductory microscopy techniques, fabric construction analysis and color measurement.
- $1195 per person
- $1095 for additional registrants from the same company
What you will learn:
- Fiber properties and identification techniques
- Fabric construction analysis
- Dyes used for textiles and their properties
- Color theory as applied to textile product analysis
- Techniques for visual and instrument color assessment
- Receive first-class instruction supplemented by tours of our state-of-the-art textile laboratories
- Meet and develop a network with participants from similar fields of work
- Meet and share ideas with NC State Wilson College of Textiles faculty and teaching staff
Who should attend:
Textile laboratory personnel, customs agents, anyone interested in textile fiber and fabric identification methods, or anyone who needs more knowledge in textile structure identification.
Closed-toed shoes are required while attending this course.