- This event has passed.
Fundamentals of Technical Fabrics
March 17, 2020 - March 19, 2020$1195
In this course you will learn the materials and basic processes involved in manufacturing technical textile products as well as the broad range of applications for technical textiles ranging from products inside the body to products in outer space. Come and learn about the fibers, manufacturing methods, and wet processing techniques and finishes that produce textile structures for all types of technical applications. A knowledge of basic textile processing, such as that covered in the Textile Fundamentals short course, is helpful but not required for registration for this course.
- $1195 per person
- $1095 for additional registrants from the same company
What you will learn:
- Different categories of technical textiles
- Basic processes to produce technical textiles
- Specific raw materials used in technical fabrics
- Technical fabric constructions and important properties per end use
- How special finishes can influence the performance of technical fabrics
- The wide range of applications for technical textiles
- Research in technical textiles being conducted by NC State Wilson College of Textiles
- Acquire an understanding of how technical textiles are defined
- Learn the many types of technical textiles and their applications
- Develop an understanding of the entire technical textiles supply chain
- Receive first-class instruction supplemented by tours of our model manufacturing labs
- Meet participants in different technical textile end-use areas
- Meet and share ideas with NC State Wilson College of Textiles faculty and teaching staff
Who should attend:
Anyone involved with technical textile products who wants to gain a stronger knowledge and understanding of what technical textiles are all about and the many opportunities available in this fast and ever-growing facet of the textile industry. This includes upper-level managers, supervisors, researchers, product development personnel, technical service personnel, purchasing agents, sales and marketing personnel, cost accountants and financial personnel.
Closed-toed shoes are required while attending this course.