Caitlyn Holt

Caitlyn Holt

Degrees: B.S. Fashion and Textile Management ‘12; Master of Textiles ‘13

Hometown: Greensboro, North Carolina

Current City: Greensboro, North Carolina

Profession: Director, Product and Business Innovation, Cone Denim at Elevate Textiles

Council Position: President

How did the Wilson College of Textiles prepare you for your career?

The Wilson College of Textiles prepared me for my career in (many) ways. Aside from the obvious courses I took on yarn formation, polymer and color chemistry and global marketing (which I use every day), I also learned invaluable interpersonal skills, the value of networking and how integral textiles are in our daily lives! The Wilson College of Textiles also gave me a “family” inside a larger university. When I was looking for full-time employment, I knew I needed that in a company as well. That “family” experience has shaped my entire career. It is also always fun to run into fellow alums in the industry! Textiles is such a small world!

What does it mean to be a member of the Dean’s Young Alumni Leadership Council?

It is a huge honor to be a member of the Dean’s Young Alumni Leadership Council. My time at the Wilson College of Textiles exceeded all expectations. It still feels like coming home every time I set foot on Centennial Campus. If I can help alumni find that feeling, on campus or in their own community, I will consider this Council a huge success. Keeping young alumni engaged in the college and the NCTF is important not only for our own personal networks, but also for the quality of experience that current students receive. I want everyone to have as great of an experience as I had at the Wilson College of Textiles…if not better! If I am able to be a small part in making that happen, I will consider it a success.

What do you see in the future for the Wilson College of Textiles?

I see the Wilson College of Textiles continuing on the path that it is on. Since graduating five years ago, I have been back to campus recruiting at career fairs, speaking on Real World panels and leading career development workshops through the Textile and Apparel, Technology and Management (TATM) Student Advisory Board. The Wilson College of Textiles never fails to impress me with its high caliber of students and engagement level. I think that comes from having the best professors, the most cutting-edge equipment and a super passionate dean leading the way.