The Wilson College of Textiles Dean’s Young Alumni Leadership Council (DYALC) is a group of College alumni under the age of 40 that provides leadership and guidance in the areas of alumni engagement and fundraising for the Dean of the Wilson College of Textiles and the North Carolina Textile Foundation.
We are a group of Wilson College of Textiles alumni joining together to promote and support the Wilson College of Textiles and the North Carolina Textile Foundation, foster relationships between students, alumni, and industry partners, and ensure the continued engagement of young alumni.
Wherever you go when you graduate, we want you to still feel connected to the College like you never left. Through events and communications, the Council is working to create a comprehensive plan on how the Wilson College of Textiles can be with you wherever you are.
Learn more about opportunities to remain connected!
Did you know making a donation to the Wilson College of Textiles can directly impact NC State’s ranking among other universities? Neither did we! The DYALC is committed to building a culture of philanthropy with young alumni and bringing awareness of opportunities for support.
Make a donation today!
The DYALC is comprised of 25 to 30 Wilson College of Textiles alumni from the 15 most recently graduated classes and a range of majors. Members serve a two-year term, with the option to renew by mutual agreement of the individual member and Council executive team.
Alumni Member Responsibilities and Expectations
- Serve as a sounding board, resource and advisor to the Dean
- Participate in Council conference calls and meetings in person or virtually.
- Serve as a role model for alumni involvement to students and recent graduates
- Make an annual contribution (of any amount) to the North Carolina Textile Foundation in support of the Dean’s Innovation Fund
- Serve on one of the four Council committees
- Assist in the identification and recruitment of new volunteers and encourage participation in programming.
- Work with North Carolina Textile Foundation staff to help identify other alumni and industry prospects that may be interested in supporting the college.
- Represent the DYALC, North Carolina Textile Foundation, the Wilson College of Textiles, Think and Do the Extraordinary Campaign and the University on campus or in your respective community.
Council Executive Committee
- The Executive Committee will consist of the Council Co-Presidents, Council Co-Presidents Elect, Secretary and Committee Chairs.
- Council Co-Presidents will serve a two-year term with the responsibility to organize Council meetings and be the primary liaison with the North Carolina Textile Foundation staff liaison and the Dean.
- Council Co-Presidents Elect, Committee Chairs and Secretary will serve a one-year term.
- The Council will have two student members, one undergraduate and one graduate.
- Student Representatives will serve a one-year term with the responsibility to be the liaison between DYALC and current Wilson College of Textiles students.
- The Communications Committee is tasked with creating a strategy to engage young alumni through communications.
- The Events Committee is tasked with creating a strategy to increase regional alumni engagement.
- The Awards Committee is tasked with recognizing Young Alumni who are using their degree in extraordinary ways by awarding The Distinguished Young Alumni Award.
- The Recruitment Committee is tasked with Council recruitment, nomination, and selection process for current student and alumni.
Are you a young alumna or alumni who loves Wilson College and wants to support the College by serving on the DYALC? Or do you know someone that would be a great addition to our council? Nominate today for the upcoming recruitment cycle. The current nomination period closes on February 20, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.