Balancing Protection and Performance
Delivering the science and education to meet all of our partners' needs in industry, government and academia.
What is the Textile Protection and Comfort Center (TPACC)?
TPACC is the only academic center in the U.S. that incorporates the capabilities to research, test and evaluate the comfort and protective performance of textile materials, garments and ensemble systems all in one location.
Unparalleled laboratory capabilities and expertise in evaluating textile comfort and protective performance
- Comfort and performance
- Clothing thermal comfort (sweating manikins)
- Clothing subjective comfort (subjective comfort wear testing)
- Clothing comfort (physiological wear testing)
- Thermal comfort and breathability
- Fabric cool touch
- Evaporative cooling efficiency
- Wet cling
- Moisture management
- Objective evaluation of fabric hand
- Subjective evaluation of fabric hand
- Glove dexterity and hand function testing
- Glove thermal comfort
- Comfort of head gear
- Comfort of footwear