The John W. Pope Industrialist-in-Residence program provides a forum for students and faculty to interface with global industry and government executives. They will learn global business strategies and current textile information and expertise; a necessity for competing in today’s (and tomorrow’s) global marketplace. During the executive’s visit to our campus, there will be discussions with faculty and students as well as a seminar on a select topic.
An additional goal of the program, is to increase exposure of industry and government personnel to the Wilson College of Textiles resources, including our “human capital” and our facilities; including technologies, products, and other areas. Overall, the program should strengthen the NC State Wilson College of Textiles’ global leadership image, by providing academe, industry and government personnel with timely dissemination of textile information. This program will better prepare our students for leadership positions in global industry!
Recent Industry Executives
- April 13, 2022 | Auggie Tantillo | Former President, National Council of Textile Organizations
- October 17-18, 2017 | Ben Cooper | Managing Director, IoClothes
- March 20-21, 2017 | Joseph Mohorovic | Commissioner, U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission
- October 25-26, 2016 | Jaime S. Miguel | Chief Executive Officer, INTRADECO
- April 13-14, 2015 | Josh Teitelbaum | Deputy Assistant Secretary for Textiles, Consumer Goods, and Materials, U.S. Department of Commerce
- April 7-8, 2015 | Arum Agarwal | Alok International
- September 11-12, 2013 | Ginny Rothschild | Vice President DMM-Merchandising and Product Development, Walmart
- February 13-14, 2013 | Shawn Townzen | Vice President DMM- Merchandising and Product Development, Walmart
- October 24-25, 2012 | Robert L. Mettler | Presiding Director, Jones Apparel Group
- September 25-26, 2012 | Anastasia Charbin | Fashion Marketing Director, LECTRA
- April 2-3, 2012 | Margaret Bishop | FIT and Parsons New School
- February 16-17, 2012 | Charles McMurray | Kohl’s Department Stores
- October 10-11, 2011 | Sarah Gallagher | President, Ralph Lauren Media
- April 5-6, 2011 | Thomas M. Chappell | Rambler’s Way Farm
- September 15-16, 2009 | Martin B. Foil, Jr. | Tuscarora Yarns, Inc.
- September 15-16, 2009 | Dee Dee Harris | Tuscarora Yarns, Inc.
- April 10, 2008 | William Ivey Long | Broadway Costume Designer
- March 11, 2008 | Matt Priest | U.S. Department of Commerce
- January 22, 2008 | Steven Jesseph | President & CEO of WRAP
- November 14, 2007 | Tom Travis | Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A
- October 25, 2006 | Sid Smith | Principal SALCO Consulting LLC
- September 27, 2006 | Robyn Waters | President, R W Trend
- September 13, 2006 | Marshal Cohen | The NPD Group, Inc.
- November 16, 2005 | Dr. E. Skott Greenhalgh | Secant Medical
- September 27, 2005 | Mackey McDonald | CEO, VF Corporation
- September 14, 2005 | Dr. Kevin Keller | Author of Branding Textbooks
- March 30, 2005 | Brad Beal | Jockey International
- February 23, 2005 | Dr. Fred Gallasch | Gallasch Consulting Services
- February 7-8, 2005 | James C. Leonard III | OTEXA