Launch Your Career Here
Whether you plan to enter the workforce right away or continue your education through graduate school, internships play a valuable role in your career development. They help you identify your career interests, gain industry experience, grow your network, develop career-readiness skills and increase your post-graduation opportunities.
Our students intern for some of the most recognizable and respected companies in the world. Beginning as early as the summer before their sophomore year, students at the Wilson College of Textiles participate in career-building internships to supplement their classroom learning and add to their resumes. As a result, many of our students enter senior year with job offers already in hand from their summer internships.
The Wilson College of Textiles’ reputation as one of the best textiles institutions in the world means that our students are consistently in high demand for internships.
My courses at the Wilson College of Textiles were especially useful in my internship. The advanced machinery and technology located on campus gave me an upper hand.
Apparel Design Intern, American Eagle Outfitters
We have a dedicated, in-house career services office to assist you with finding the perfect internship. Services include:
- Two Wilson College career fairs each academic year.
- Individual coaching for resume writing, internship searching, interviewing and networking.
- Employer information sessions, on-campus interviews and company trips.
Here are just a few of the industry-leading companies where our students intern:
- Athletics and Activewear: Adidas, Nike, Under Armour, Patagonia, The North Face, Fabletics
- Apparel and Homewares: Lulemon, American Eagle, Abercrombie & Fitch, Belk, Kohl’s, TJX Companies (TJ Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods), Kontoor Brands (Wrangler, Lee and Rock & Republic), Kate Spade
- Tech: NASA, Tesla, Lenovo
- Medical Textiles: ATEX, Stryker, Medline
- Traditional Textiles: Elevate Textiles, Hanesbrands, Glen Raven, Unifi, The Lycra Company
Are you looking for an internship? Do you need to secure course credit for an unpaid internship? If so, please reach out to Director of Career Services Jeff Sackaroff to schedule an appointment.