At NC State, opportunities such as study abroad, internships, service-learning, and undergraduate research expand and enhances a student’s education. Students who leverage such opportunities tend to achieve higher grades, stay in school longer, and become more marketable in their job placement. NC State’s student engagement programs are often an early step to a student’s lifetime success.
Engaging in these opportunities, allow students to become members of a globalized, multicultural community. Learning about other cultures and meeting interesting individuals from around the world expands upon traditional learning. This prepares NC State students for an increasingly globalized workplace. NC State provides a rich array of opportunities for students to develop a global perspective and gain cross-cultural skills while receiving a truly international education. Some of the many prospects for NC State students are described below:
Start Your Adventure
The Wilson College of Textiles encourages all students to have an international experience during your time at NC State. Wilson College can assist in planning your adventure. A wide variety of opportunities exist for study abroad, international internships, and individual exploration. While students may attend any accredited institution, consider opportunities specific towards Textiles students.
The opportunities are endless!
Short Term Programs
The Donghua University Fashion Institute (Summer)
Expand understanding of the breadth of the textile, apparel and soft goods industries while understanding the interrelationships among key components such as design, and international aspects.
Germany: Accounting, Finance, & the EU (Summer)
Explore one of the world’s most prominent economies and explore its role within European and global contexts.
Follow the steps below to begin planning for your international experience.
- Meet with your academic advisor to discuss whether studying or interning abroad would be best for your academic major and career path. Think about the timing, summer versus a semester, and how you can stay on track for your anticipated graduation date.
- Visit the NCSU Study Abroad website to browse program opportunities using search criteria such as location, semester, course subjects, and language spoken. If you’re considering an international internship, login to ePACK and click the “Going Global” button on the left side of the page.
- If you intend to study abroad for a semester, you must attend one of the general advising sessions offered by the Study Abroad Office.
- Once you have a general idea of where and when you would like to go, review the Wilson College of Textiles Study Abroad Transfer Database to see a list of previously approved courses from your intended institution.
- Create a list of planned courses by pre-filling a course approval form.
- Submit your course approval form to Bri Hart or in person (2413 Textiles) for review, approval signatures, and final submission.