As the only college in the Americas devoted to textiles and the number one recognized textiles institution globally, the Wilson College of Textiles at NC State drives our industry’s most significant advancements.
Your support on Day of Giving will empower the Wilson College of Textiles to continue:
▸ awarding life-changing scholarships to the next generation of textile leaders
▸ offering our students an unparalleled, hands-on education
▸ recruiting world-class faculty and staff who are experts in their fields
▸ conducting groundbreaking research that tackles society’s greatest challenges
What Is Day of Giving?
NC State Day of Giving is an annual, daylong fundraising event. For 24 hours, the Wolfpack comes together to help NC State achieve more: creating greater opportunities, providing broader educational access, fostering bolder visions and conducting more innovative research. The collaboration on Day of Giving shows how much we can achieve together.
How Do I Get Involved?
There are a variety of ways that our alumni, students, staff, faculty, industry partners and friends can support the Wilson College of Textiles on Day of Giving. Use the list below to find six simple ways you can make a difference.
#GivingPack is Giving Forward
Make a Gift to the Wilson College of Textiles
Make a gift of $10 or more on Day of Giving to support the Wilson College of Textiles. Below, you’ll see a list of six of our college’s priority funds — these funds will allow you to make an even greater impact.
NCTF Centennial Endowment
For many students, scholarship support is a critical bridge that makes attending NC State possible! The North Carolina Textile Foundation (NCTF) Centennial Scholarship Endowment provides life-changing, merit-based scholarships to undergraduate students who are pursuing a degree at the Wilson College of Textiles.
By covering the costs of tuition, education fees and enrichment activities, the NCTF Centennial Scholarship Endowment empowers students to focus solely on their world-class education. You can change the lives of our textile students by supporting the NCTF Centennial Scholarship Endowment!
Dean’s Textiles Innovation Fund
The Dean’s Textiles Innovation Fund has become synonymous with the word “transformational.”
The fund was created to empower the dean to provide financial assistance to areas with the most critical need — as quickly as possible. From helping students who are facing emergency hardship caused by the pandemic to providing faculty with the support needed to present their research at international conferences, the Dean’s Textiles Innovation Fund has helped meet the college’s most immediate needs.
Areas of priority include student, faculty and staff development; tutoring support for all students in the Wilson College of Textiles; hosting educational seminars; travel to top industry conferences; the retention of talented faculty; and innovative new programs and facilities. With your help, the Dean’s Textiles Innovation Fund can continue to immediately address Wilson College’s areas of greatest need.
Wilson Alumni Scholarship Fund
Each year, scholarship support becomes even more vital to the success of our NC State students.
The Wilson Alumni Scholarship Fund makes it possible for undergraduate students to receive a world-class education from the Wilson College of Textiles. The scholarship provides funding that students can use to pay for their tuition, academic fees or organization dues.
Your support will empower textile students to change the world, without being weighed down by student loan debt.
Textiles Diversity and Inclusion Fund
Equity, which is one of the central values for the Wilson College of Textiles, is essential to the college’s success. The Textiles Diversity and Inclusion Fund finances culture-building initiatives for students, faculty and staff. In turn, this support builds the college’s cultural competence and fosters a climate of inclusivity.
Join us in supporting the Textiles Diversity and Inclusion Fund on NC State’s Day of Giving!
TECS Enhancement Fund
As a global leader in chemistry, color science and engineering of polymers, fibers and textiles, the Department of Textile Engineering, Chemistry and Science (TECS) in the Wilson College of Textiles ignites innovation and discovery among students, faculty and staff. The TECS Department Enhancement Fund empowers the department head to support innovative teaching, recruit talented new faculty, provide program support and so much more.
Your gift will have a lasting impact on the continued success of TECS!
TATM Enhancement Fund
The Department of Textile Apparel Technology Management (TATM) in the Wilson College of Textiles offers an unparalleled textile and fashion education to students who are shaping the future. With support from the TATM Department Enhancement Fund, the department can continue to prepare the next generation of leaders for careers in the textile, apparel, home, furniture, fashion and retail industries.
This fund empowers the department head to recruit new faculty, provide program support, invest in groundbreaking research and so much more. With your help, TATM will remain at the forefront of innovation!
Win a Free T-Shirt as a Wilson College Social Media Ambassador
Participate in a #GivingPack Challenge
By participating in a giving or social media challenge, you can help the Wilson College of Textiles win extra funding for the Dean’s Textiles Innovation Fund.
- All Day. NCTF Centennial Scholarship Challenge
- If 100 gifts are made by 6 p.m. to the NCTF Centennial Scholarship Endowment Fund, Wilson College of Textiles alumna Nancy Webster ’75 will donate $40,000 to support the scholarship program that has changed the lives of so many.
- 7 a.m. Most Gifts Challenge
- Support the area you’re most passionate about between 7 and 8 a.m. to win an extra $1,000 for our college.
- 12 p.m. First-Time Donor
- One first-time donor will win $1,000 for their college or unit.
- 2 p.m. Most Faculty and Staff Gifts
- The unit with the most gifts from faculty and staff will win $1,000 for their fund of choice.
- 3 p.m. Most Young Alumni Gifts
- The unit with the most gifts from young alumni will win $1,000 for their fund of choice.
- 3 p.m. Most Student Gifts
- The unit with the most gifts from students will win $1,000 for their fund of choice.
- 6 p.m. Most Gifts Challenge
- The unit with the most gifts will win $1,000 for their fund of choice.
Social Media Challenges
- Packs Pets Challenge (10-11 a.m.) – Twitter and Instagram
- Our pets are part of our NC State family. During this hour, we want you to show us your Wolfpack pets! Participate on Twitter or Instagram by using #GivingPack and tagging @NCStateWilson. Don’t forget to request a free Wilson College bandana for your pet.
- Two winners will receive $1,000 each for their college or unit.
- Wolfpack Throwback Challenge (3-4 p.m.) – Twitter and Instagram
- Post your best throwback photos of your time at NC State, whether that was last year or last decade. Participate on Twitter and Instagram using #GivingPack and tagging @NCStateWilson.
- Two winners will receive $1,000 each for their college or unit.
- Window Into the Wolfpack Challenge (Feb. 22 to March 22, all day) – Twitter and Instagram
- Give us a window into your world, Wolfpack! Take a photo framed by the paper or virtual wolf cutout available in the Day of Giving toolkit. Participate on Twitter or Instagram by using #GivingPack and tagging @NCStateWilson.
- Four winners will receive $1,000 each for their college or unit.
- Show Us Your Wolfies (all day on March 22) – Facebook and LinkedIn
- Wolfies up! Spread the Wolfpack spirit on Day of Giving by sharing a photo of you or your Pack holding up “wolfies” (wolf ears). Participate by 1) posting your photo as a comment on the NC State University Facebook/LinkedIn page’s post about this challenge, and 2) mentioning @NCStateWilson.
- Two winners will receive $500 each for their college or unit.
- Why I Give Challenge (all day on March 22) – Twitter and Instagram
- Fill in the blanks and tell us your “why”: I’m #GivingPack to @NCStateWilson on @NCState Day of Giving because ___ [insert reason]. Join me! dayofgiving.ncsu.edu.
- Four winners will receive $500 each for their college or unit.
- #GivingPack Hashtag Match Challenge (all day on March 22, until the threshold is reached) – Twitter and Instagram Stories
- Tell us something you love about NC State — why you chose it, a favorite memory, a shout-out to a friend, your favorite campus spot, etc. — and post it using the hashtag #GivingPack. Mention @NCStateWilson in the post, and $10 will automatically be given to our college in your honor! It’s that easy.
- Many winners will be chosen to receive $10 each for their college or unit, until 400 posts are made and the $4,000 threshold is met.
Request a Free Bandana for Your Pack Pet
Use Our Templates to Email and Text About Day of Giving
Timeline of Day of Giving Impact
Thanks to the commitment of generous supporters on NC State’s annual Day of Giving, the Wilson College of Textiles can continue unlocking exceptional opportunities for textiles students — today, tomorrow and beyond.
- 2019 // $895,055 from 323 gifts
- The alumni class with the largest number of donors and commitments was the 2010s with more than 45 donors.
- The Dean’s Textiles Innovation Fund received support from 248 donors and raised more than $75,000 on the university’s inaugural Day of Giving. This fund provides immediate financial assistance to areas in the college with the most critical need.
- 2020 // $2,650,194 from 367 gifts
- Launched the newly-created Textiles Diversity and Inclusion Fund with $26,300 from 97 gifts. This fund finances culture-building initiatives for students, faculty and staff. In turn, this support builds the college’s cultural competence and fosters a climate of inclusivity.
- Endowed five new Pioneer Scholarships and one new Centennial Scholarship, and created two new annual scholarships.
- 2021 // $1,201,160 from 533 gifts
- Met two challenges to unlock gifts totaling $350,000 from the Blue Bell Foundation to fund the new Blue Bell Pioneer Scholarship Endowment. This is part of the Wilson College’s commitment to serving students of need – and first-generation college attendees – from rural areas of North Carolina
- Achieved 100% giving participation among members of the NC Textile Foundation Board of Directors and Dean’s Young Alumni Leadership Council.
- 2022 // $1,194,161.98 from 612 gifts
- The college saw a 15% increase in the number of gifts from the 2021 Day of Giving.
- Seven new Wilson College of Textiles scholarship funds were created this year on Day of Giving, including a $500,000 Centennial Scholarship Endowment funded by an anonymous donor.
- The Wilson College tied with the College of Engineering for first place in the 7 a.m. Most Gifts Challenge and won a Mad Libs social media challenge, which earned the college an additional $2,000 for the Dean’s Textiles Innovation Fund. This fund provides immediate financial assistance to areas in the college with the most critical need.