Career Resources for Graduate Students
In addition to the resources provided by the Wilson College of Textiles Career Services Office, the Graduate School at NC State University offers a range of opportunities and professional development programs to help you gain the competitive advantage in your field regardless of where your career path may take you after graduate school.
Accelerate to Industry Program
The goals of the Accelerate to Industry program is to:
- Prepare NC State graduate students, postdocs, and alumni for the wide range of available industry careers
- Help our graduate students secure industry jobs
- Build a program that serves as a touch point for more long term collaborative relationships between industry and universities
Professional Development Workshop Series
The Graduate School offers several writing, teaching, communication, and professional development workshops and series. Development Series are non-credit course-style workshop series that provide sustained support, practice, and feedback on key aspects of teaching, communication, writing, and career management. Graduate students and postdoctoral scholars at any stage of their careers and in any discipline should enroll in these Development Series to improve their teaching, writing, speaking, and presentation skills, and preparation for industry. Development Series are non-credit bearing and free of charge (although some may require materials or refundable deposits).
Gearing up for Faculty is an intensive and holistic two-day professional development opportunity for late-stage graduate students and postdoctoral scholars who are interested in pursuing careers in academia. Organized by NC State’s Graduate School, the Academic Packways program is engineered to inform students and postdocs about responsibilities and roles of early-career faculty and prepare them for the competitive academic job market.
Job Searching Resources for Graduate Students
- Jobs for Postdocs including Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Postdoc Jobs.com
- Find A PostDoc
- Ph.D. Jobs
- Ph.D. Project Job Board
- International Student Job Search and Career Resources
Support for International Students
NC State OIS (Office for International Services) offers a wide variety of services and support for international students (including information about immigration laws, employment, internships and other legal issues that often come up).
- Internships, Volunteering and Unpaid Work
- USA Jobs | Working in Government
- Searchable database of employers who have a history of H1B sponsorship
Jeff Sackaroff | firstname.lastname@example.org