About Delisia Matthews
Dr. Delisia R. Matthews is an Assistant Professor in the department of Textile and Apparel, Technology and Management within the Wilson College of Textiles. She joined the department Fall, 2015.
Dr. Matthews’ prior academic appointment was with Louisiana State University (LSU) in the Textiles, Apparel Design, and Merchandising department, where she taught Consumer Behavior, Retail Merchandising, and Apparel Entrepreneurship from Fall, 2012 – Spring, 2015. Prior to joining academia, she worked eight years in the marketing research and retail industries for companies such as Procter & Gamble, Nordstrom, and Walmart Corporate Marketing. She frequently incorporates personal examples from her industry experiences within her class lectures. Dr. Matthews was selected as a university-level recipient for the 2017 Outstanding Teacher Award.
Dr. Matthews’ research focuses broadly on consumer behavior. She has investigated various aspects of consumer behavior in relation to apparel/retailing including brand equity, clothing rentals and swaps, eco-friendly apparel, fashion trucks, “Sneakerheads,” plus-size consumers, African-American consumers, and fashion consumer groups.
- Consumer Behavior
- Fashion Consumer Groups
- Ph.D. Consumer, Apparel, and Retail Studies, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, 2012
- M.B.A. Marketing, North Carolina Central University, 2006
- B.S. Marketing, Tuskegee University, 2000
- Beyond Brick and Mortar: The Experiences of U.S. Female Mobile Fashion Truck Entrepreneurs
- Matthews, D., Blanchflower, T., & Childs, M. (2019), FAMILY & CONSUMER SCIENCES RESEARCH JOURNAL, 47(4), 307–323. https://doi.org/10.1111/fcsr.12304
- Collaborative consumption: A business model analysis of second-hand fashion
- Gopalakrishnan, S., & Matthews, D. (2018), Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management, 22(3), 354–368. https://doi.org/10.1108/jfmm-05-2017-0049
- An An assessment of organic apparel, environmental beliefs and consumer preferences via fashion innovativeness
- Matthews, D., & Rothenberg, L. (2017), International Journal of Consumer Studies, 41(5), 526–533. https://doi.org/10.1111/ijcs.12362
- Consumer decision making when purchasing eco-friendly apparel
- Rothenberg, L., & Matthews, D. (2017), International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, 45(4), 404–418. https://doi.org/10.1108/ijrdm-06-2016-0099
- Clothing swaps: an exploration of consumer clothing exchange behaviors
- Matthews, D., & Hodges, N. N. (2016), Family & Consumer Sciences Research Journal, 45(1), 91–103. https://doi.org/10.1111/fcsr.12182
- FTM 282 - Introduction to Textile Brand Management & Marketing ,
- FTM 387 - Textile Brand Communication and Promotions ,
- TTM 582 - Global Textile Brand Management and Marketing ,