About Marguerite Moore
Worked in the private and public sectors until 1998 when I began an academic career. Received my Ph.D. from the University of Tennessee in 2002 where my research focused on strategic management and technology adoption among U.S. retail firms. First academic appointment was in the College of Hospitality, Retail and Sports Management at the University of South Carolina. In 2008, I moved to NC State to join the Wilson College of Textiles Faculty in the Management area as an Associate Professor. I currently teach and direct masters and Ph.D. students in various applications of marketing research to the apparel and textiles industries. My personal interest is using secondary data to make marketing decisions in quick moving environments.
- Research Methods
- Global Branding
- Marketing Strategy
- Ph.D. Major: Human Ecology, Minor: Statistics, ,
- M.S. Textile Marketing, University of North Carolina Greensboro,
- B.A. Political Science - American Foreign Policy, University of North Carolina Greensboro,
- FTM 220 - Principles of Retail and Supply Chain Management in Textiles ,
- FTM 395 - Fashion and the Consumer (Online) ,
- FTM 482 - Advanced Brand Management and Marketing in Textiles (Traditional & Online) ,
- TTM 585 - Marketing Research in Textiles (Traditional & Online) ,
- Carpenter, JM, Moore, M, , Alexander, N. & Doherty, AM (2012). Consumer Demographics, Ethnocentrism, Cultural Values and Acculturation to the Global Consumer Culture. Journal of Strategic Marketing , forthcoming .
- Moore, Marguerite (2012). Interactive Media Usage among Millennial Consumers. Journal of Consumer Marketing , 29 (6) , 436-44.
- Alexander, NS, Moore, MM, Doherty, AM & Carpenter, JM (2011). Modeling Brand Origin Accuracy. Thought Leaders in Brand Management . Conference Location: Lugano, CH.
- Moore, MM, Doherty, AM, Alexander, N & Carpenter JM (2010). International Retail Brand Origin. Thought Leaders in Brand Management . Conference Location: Lugano, CH.
- Carpenter, JM & Moore, MM (2010). Product Attributes and Retail Format Choice among U.S. Apparel Purchasers. Journal of Textile and Apparel Technology and Management , 6 (4).