About Mengmeng Zhu
Dr. Mengmeng Zhu is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Textile Engineering, Chemistry and Science. She is also an Associate Faculty in the Operations Research Graduate Program at NC State University. She obtained her Ph.D. in Industrial and Systems Engineering at Rutgers University in 2018 and her M.S. in Industrial and Systems Engineering and Statistics at Rutgers University in 2015 and 2016, respectively. She also has over six years of experience in industries including manufacturing, warehousing, and distribution center.
Dr. Zhu’s research interests lie in computational data analytics and mathematical modeling for system reliability, resilience, and health monitoring and control. The applications of her research are on complex systems including smart health with wearable and implantable devices, energy, the Internet of Things, transportation, and software development. Her teaching interests include quality and reliability engineering, statistics, data analytics, and applied operations research.
Dr. Zhu is the recipient of Best Paper Award in the 24th ISSAT International Conference on Reliability and Quality in Design, 2019, Best Student Paper Award in the 23rd ISSAT International Conference on Reliability and Quality in Design, 2018, and 2017 Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-Financed Students Abroad, respectively.
- System Reliability Engineering
- System Resilience
- Software Reliability Model
- Applied Operations Research
- Transportation Infrastructure Deterioration Modeling
- Statistical Inference
- Computational Data Analytics in Healthcare, Manufacturing, Transportation, and Material Science
- Ph.D. Industrial and Systems Engineering, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, 2018
- M.S. Statistics, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, 2016
- M.S. Industrial and Systems Engineering, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, 2015
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
- Institute of Industrial & Systems Engineers (IISE)