About Yingjiao Xu
Dr. Yingjiao Xu, a native Chinese, is a professor in the Department of Textile and Apparel, Technology and Management. She holds a B.S. degree in Textile Engineering from Donghua University (the former China Textile University), a M.S. degree in Textile Merchandising from Renmin University of China, and a M.S. degree in Applied Statistics and a Ph.D. degree in Textiles, Apparel, and Merchandising from Louisiana State University.
Dr. Xu joined the faculty of the Wilson College of Textiles in August, 2010. Prior to this, she had worked at Ohio University for 10 years, where she taught in the area of Retail Merchandising and conducted research in the area of consumer behavior. While attending graduate school at Renmin University of China in Beijing, Dr. Xu worked part time for several companies, including China International Clothing and Accessories Fair, China National Garment R & D Center, and Beima Trade & Technology Development Company.
Dr. Xu’s research focuses on consumer behavior and market analysis pertaining to the textiles and fashion industry. Her research investigates consumer behaviors from social, psychological, and cultural perspectives. Her current research interests center around consumer behaviors toward innovations in fashion retailing.
- PhD Human Ecology (Textile, Apparel, and Merchandising), Louisiana State University, 2000
- MS Applied Statistics, Louisiana State University, 2000
- MS Textile, Apparel and Merchandising, Renmin University of China, 1996
- BS Textile Engineering, China Textile University (current name: Dong Hua University), 1993
- Classification of virtual fitting room technologies in the fashion industry: from the perspective of consumer experience
- Lee, H., & Xu, Y. (2019), International Journal of Fashion Design, Technology and Education. https://doi.org/10.1080/17543266.2019.1657505
- Chinese Consumers and the Fashion Market
- Xu, Y., Chi, T., & Su, J. (2018). , . (Y. Xu, T. Chi, & J. Su, Eds.), Springer Series in Fashion Business (p. V-). Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-8429-4
- Chinese Male Consumers’ High-End Shirt Consumption: A Perspective of Fabric Attributes
- Ruan, Y., Xu, Y., Li, J., & Liu, X. (2018), Chinese Consumers and the Fashion Market. Springer Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-8429-4_8
- Classification of Virtual Fitting Room (VFR) Technology in the Fashion Industry: From the Perspective of Customer Experience
- Lee, H., & Xu, Y. (2018), In International Textiles and Apparel Association’s annual meeting. Cleveland, OH.
- Consumer Adoption of Fashion Subscription Retailing: The Moderating Effect of Experiment with Appearance
- Tao, Q., & Xu, Y. (2018), In International Textiles and Apparel Association’s annual meeting. Cleveland, OH.
- Consumer Behavior toward Luxury Fashion Rental: A Hierarchical Motivations Approach
- Ruan, Y., & Xu, Y. (2018), In International Textiles and Apparel Association’s annual meeting. Cleveland, OH.
- Exploring Generation Y Consumers’ Fitness Clothing Consumption: A Means-end Chain Approach
- Patrick, K., & Xu, Y. (2018), Journal of Textile and Apparel, Technology and Management, 10(3).
- Fashion Subscription Retailing: An Exploratory Study of Consumer Perceptions
- Tao, Q., & Xu, Y. (2018), Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management, 22(4), 494–508. https://doi.org/10.1108/jfmm-11-2017-0123
- Regional Cultural Differences in China Reflected on Men's Traditional Costume
- Jia, L., & Xu, Y. (2018), In International Textiles and Apparel Association’s annual meeting. Cleveland, OH.
- Second-hand clothing consumption: A generational cohort analysis of the Chinese market
- Liang, J., & Xu, Y. (2018), International Journal of Consumer Studies, 10(1), 120–130. https://doi.org/10.1111/ijcs.12393
- FTM382 - Intermediate Textile Brand Management and Marketing ,
- FTM385 - Fashion and the Consumer ,
- TTM585 - Market Research in Textiles ,
- TTM580 - Consumer Perspectives in Fashion ,