Associate Dept. Head and Director of Graduate Programs,
Fashion and Textile Management: Textile Brand Management and Marketing
Textile and Apparel, Technology and Management
- Office: College of Textiles 3255
- Phone: 919-515-1858
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Yingjiao Xu
Dr. Yingjiao Xu, a native Chinese, is an associate professor in the Department of Textile and Apparel, Technology and Management. She holds a B.S. degree in Textile Engineering from China Textile University (now renamed as Donghua University), a M.S. degree in Textile Merchandising from Renmin University of China, and a M.S. degree in Applied Statistics and a Ph.D. degree in Textiles, Apparel, and Merchandising from Louisiana State University.
Dr. Xu joined the faculty of the Wilson College of Textiles in August, 2010. Prior to this, she worked at Ohio University for 10 years, where she taught in the area of Retail Merchandising and conducted research in the area of consumer behavior. While attending graduate school at Renmin University of China in Beijing, Dr. Xu worked part time for several companies, including China International Clothing and Accessories Fair, China National Garment R & D Center, and Beima Trade & Technology Development Company.
Dr. Xu’s research focuses on consumer behavior. She has investigated various types of consumer behaviors, including rational consumer behavior, impulse buying, compulsive buying, and conspicuous consumption, from social, psychological, and cultural perspectives. Her current research projects include: 1) consumer behavior for luxury fashion products; 2) consumer responses to green marketing in the apparel industry; and 3) the role of social media in consumer behavior and in building brand equity for apparel companies.
- Ph.D. Human Ecology (Textile, Apparel, and Merchandising), Louisiana State University, 2000
- M.S. Applied Statistics, Louisiana State University, 2000
- M.S. Textile, Apparel and Merchandising, Renmin University of China, 1996
- B.S. Textile Engineering, China Textile University (current name: Dong Hua University), 1993
- Second-hand clothing consumption: A generational cohort analysis of the Chinese market
- Liang, J. F., & Xu, Y. J. (2018), International Journal of Consumer Studies, 42(1), 120-130.
- Exploring the personality of luxury fashion brands: Evidence from young US consumers
- Tong, X., Su, J., & Xu, Y. J. (2017), Springer Series in Fashion Business, , 89-106.
- Finite element modelling of chinese male office workers' necks using 3D body measurements
- Wanga, S. S., Xu, Y. J., & Wang, H. B. (2017), Journal of the Textile Institute, 108(5), 766-775.
- Shopping and virtual communities for consumers with physical disabilities
- Annett-Hitchcock, K., & Xu, Y. J. (2015), International Journal of Consumer Studies, 39(2), 136-144.
- Second-hand clothing consumption: a cross-cultural comparison between American and Chinese young consumers
- Xu, Y. J., Chen, Y. Z., Burman, R., & Zhao, H. S. (2014), International Journal of Consumer Studies, 38(6), 670-677.
- FTM382 - Intermediate Textile Brand Management and Marketing ,
- FTM385 - Fashion and the Consumer ,
- TTM585 - Market Research in Textiles ,
- TTM591 - Special Studies in Textile: Consumer Behavior ,