Associate Professor, TATM
Fashion and Textile Management: Textile Brand Management and Marketing
Textile and Apparel, Technology and Management
- Office: College of Textiles 3318
- Phone: 919-515-6574
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.tx.ncsu.edu/about/find-people/people-detail.cfm?id=50
About Helmut Hergeth
Dr. Helmut H. Hergeth is an Associate Professor in the Wilson College of Textiles at NC State University. He holds a BS degree in Textiles from North Carolina State University, an MBA and a Ph.D. in Business Management from the Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität in Münster, Germany.
Helmut Hergeth joined the faculty of the Wilson College of Textiles at NC State in 1991. Prior to this he worked for Akzo-Nobel’s Fiber and Polymer Division in Germany and in the United States as Export Manager and as Marketing Manager. He also worked as a Researcher at the Forschungstelle für allgemeine und Textile Marktwirtschaft at the Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität, Münster, Germany, working on forecasting and investment decisions for the textile industry.
Dr. Hergeth’s teaching and research focus on Strategic Cost Management issues and Economic Sustainability in the Textile and Apparel Industries, and on Textile Technology Management and Technology Roadmapping. He also works on concepts of Business Visualization and on how to integrate business management and entrepreneurship principles into textile education.
- Business Management Applications in Textiles and associated industries
- Strategic Cost Management and Price / Cost Relationships
- Technology Roadmapping and Knowledge Creation
- Economic Sustainability in Textiles
- Business Visualization
- Textile Education, integration of entrepreneurship and business concepts into traditional textile education
- Ph.D. Business Management, Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität, Münster, 1986
- MBA Diplomkaufmann, Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität, Münster, 1982
- B.S. Textiles, North Carolina State University, Raleigh , 1980
- Factors affecting the productivity of a complex product mix
- Sohail, S., & Hergeth, H. (2008), AATCC Review, 8(3).
- Productivity in a complex product mix
- Sohail, S., & Hergeth, H. (2008), AATCC Review, 8(3), 33–37.
- The business of fashion visualizing the financial and competitive situation of fashion companies
- Hergeth, H. H. (2008), Journal of the Textile Institute, 99(2), 141–146. https://doi.org/10.1080/00405000701570625
- Target costing mass customization
- Kruger, A., & Hergeth, H. (2006), Journal of Textile and Apparel Technology and Management, 5(1), 1–9.
- Competitive analysis with the Income/Outcome? company board
- Hergeth, H. (2005), Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, 3(2), 75–84.
- Textile and fashion management education, training the next generation
- Hergeth, H. (2005), Journal of Textile and Apparel Technology and Management, 4(4).
- Income/outcome analysis of apparel companies
- Hergeth, H. (2004), International Business & Economics Research Journal, 3(3), 1–14.
- Inquiry-guided learning in a management of technology environment
- Hergeth, H., & Smith, G. (2004), Journal of College Teaching and Learning, 1(5), 11–18. https://doi.org/10.19030/tlc.v1i5.1940
- Launching products towards the right target
- Hergeth, H. (2004), Journal of the Textile Institute, 95, 251–259. https://doi.org/10.1533/joti.2003.0026
- Computer systems in the textile industry
- Criegee, C., & Hergeth, H. (2003), Journal of the Textile Institute, 94.
- TTM 561 - Strategic Technology Management in the Textile Complex ,
- TTM 583 - Strategic Planning for Textile Firms ,
- TTM 791 - Advanced Studies in Textile Technology Management ,
- FTM 481 - Product Costing in the Textile and Apparel Industry ,
- FTM 484 - Strategic Management and Decision Making for the Textile Firm ,
- FTM 380 - Management and Control of Textile and Apparel Systems ,
- FTM 282 - Introduction to Textile Brand Management and Marketing ,
- FTM 220 - Principles of Retail and Supply Chain Management in Textiles ,
- BUS 320 - Financial Management ,
- ACC 200 - Introduction to Managerial Accounting ,
Contact Dr. Hergeth by email for more information on current projects