Director of Undergraduate Programs, TATM
Fashion and Textile Management: Textile Brand Management and Marketing
Textile and Apparel, Technology and Management
- Office: College of Textiles 3257
- Phone: 919-515-6514
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Kristin Thoney-Barletta
Dr. Kristin A. Thoney-Barletta is an Associate Professor in the Department of Textile and Apparel, Technology and Management. She grew up in Elmhurst, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago. Dr. Thoney-Barletta received a B.S. in Mathematics in 1994 from Valparaiso University which is located in Indiana. She began her studies at North Carolina State University in August 1994. She graduated in 1997, with a M.S. in Operations Research. Dr. Thoney-Barletta received her Ph.D. from NC State University in 2000, co-majoring in Industrial Engineering and Operations Research. She is a member of INFORMS and IIE.
- Textile & Apparel Supply Chain Modeling
- Apparel Sourcing
- Textile & Apparel Cost Competitiveness
- Logistics – Forward and Reverse (Recycling)
- Production Scheduling
- Inventory Control
- Military Logistics
- B.S. Mathematics, Valparaiso University, 1994
- M.S. Operations Research, North Carolina State University, 1997
- Ph.D. Industrial Engineering and Operations Research, North Carolina State University, 2000
- An indirect testing approach for characterizing pressure profiles of compression bandages and hosiery
- Kwon, C., Hegarty, M., Oxenham, W., Thoney-Barletta, K., Grant, E., & Reid, L. (2018), Journal of the Textile Institute, 109(2), 256-267.
- Apparel sourcing in Sub-Saharan Africa: Views from apparel sourcing executives and trade policy representatives
- Ruth Dede Adikorley, Kristin Thoney-Barletta, Jeff Joines, Lori Rothenberg . (2017), Research Journal of Textile and Apparel, 21(3), 203-218.
- Reverse logistics of US carpet recycling
- I Sas, KA Thoney, JA Joines, RE King, R Woolard. (2015), In Tsan-Ming Choi, T.C. Edwin Cheng (Eds.), Sustainable Fashion Supply Chain Management. (pp. 3-30). Cham: Springer,.
- On the economic lot scheduling problem: Stock-out prevention and system feasibility
- Hanson, B. B., Hodgson, T. J., Kay, M. G., King, R. E., & Thoney-Barletta, K. A. (2015), International Journal of Production Research, 53(16), 4903-4916.
- A practical method for evaluating worker allocations in large-scale dual resource constrained job shops
- Lobo, B. J., Wilson, J. R., Thoney, K. A., Hodgson, T. J., & King, R. E. (2014), IIE Transactions, 46(11), 1209-1226.
- An effective lower bound on L-max in a worker-constrained job shop
- Lobo, B. J., Hodgson, T. J., King, R. E., Thoney, K. A., & Wilson, J. R. (2013), Computers & Operations Research, 40(1), 328-343.
- Literature review on superhydrophobic self?cleaning surfaces produced by electrospinning
- Iurii Sas, Russell E Gorga, Jeff A Joines, Kristin A Thoney. (2012), Journal of Polymer Science. Part B, Polymer Physics, 50(12), 824-845.
- Optimal data use in staple yarn manufacturing
- Hamilton, B. J., Oxenham, W., Hodge, G. L., & Thoney, K. A. (2012), Journal of the Textile Institute, 103(5), 499-507.
- Supply chain multi-objective simulation optimization
- Joines, J.A., Thoney, K, & Kay, M.G. (2006), In A. Genco (Ed.), 4th International Industrial Simulation Conference 2006 : ISC'2006 ; June 5 - 7, 2006, Palermo, Italy /. (pp. 125-132). Ostend: EUROSIS-ETI.
- Production scheduling in a knitted fabric dyeing and finishing process
- Laoboonlur, P., Hodgson, T. J., & Thoney, K. A. (2006), Journal of the Textile Institute, 97(5), 391-399.
- Program in Operations Research - Associate Faculty Member
- Integrated Manufacturing Systems Engineering Institute - Associate Faculty Member
- FTM220 - Introduction to Retailing and Supply Chain Management ,
- FTM/TT380 - Management & Control of Textile & Apparel Systems ,
- FTM416 - The Business of Fashion ,
- FTM420 - Retail Buying in Fashion & Textiles ,
- TTM761 - Supply Chain Management & Information Technology ,