Key broad areas of research:
- Healthcare textiles
- Research promoting Health and Wellness
- Wearable technologies
- Sustainable fashion
- Refashioning textile waste
- Upcycling design for reuse applications
- Material innovation
- Color and woven textile design
- Smart textiles design, which includes functional and interactive textile solutions for home and apparel
- Performance textile design inspired by nature (biomimicry)
- Bridge other areas of design such as digital communications, sustainable design practices, smart materials and technologies
- PhD Fiber and Polymer Science, North Carolina State University, 2007
- MS Textiles and Clothing, SNDT University, Mumbai, India, 2002
- BS Textiles and Clothing, Rajasthan Agricultural University, India , 2000
- A General Geometrical Model for Predicting Color Mixing of Woven Fabrics from Colored Warp and Filling Yarns
- Seyam, A. M., & Mathur, K. (2012), Fibers and Polymers, 13(6), 795–801.
- A Randomized, Controlled Study to Assess the Effect of Silk-like Textiles and High-absorbency Adult Incontinence Briefs on Pressure Ulcer Prevention
- Twersky, J., Montgomery, T., Sloane, R., Weiner, M., Doyle, S., Mathur, K., … Schmader, K. (2012), Ostomy Wound Management, 58(12), 18–24.
- Clinical study to evaluate the efficacy of a silk-like fabric as used in the prevention of pressure ulcers
- Montgomery, T., Mathur, K., & McPhail, L. (2012), Journal of Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nursing, 39(3), S68.
- Towards automation of color/weave selection in Jacquard design: Model verification
- Mathur, K., Hinks, D., Seyam, A. F. M., & Donaldson, R. A. (2009), Color Research and Application, 34(3), 225–232. https://doi.org/10.1002/col.20494
- Prediction of Color Attributes through Geometric Modeling
- Mathur, K., Seyam, A. M., Hinks, D., & Donaldson, R. A. (2008), Research Journal of Textile and Apparel, 12(1), 19–31.
- Stretch Potential Of Woven Fabrics Containing Spandex
- Mathur, K., ElNashar, E., Hauser, P. J., & Seyam, A. M. (2008, April). , . Presented at the 5th Annual Conference, National Research Center, Cairo, Egypt.
- Stretch Properties of Knitted Fabrics Containing Spandex
- Mathur, K., Vallabh, R., Hauser, P., & Seyam, A. M. (2008, August). , . Presented at the Textiles Future Conference, Raleigh, NC.
- Towards Automation of Color/Weave Selection in Jacquard Designs
- Mathur, K., Seyam, A. M., Hinks, D., & Donaldson, R. A. (2008, August). , . Presented at the Textiles Future Conference, Raleigh, NC.
- Towards automation of colour/weave selection in Jacquard designs: model verification through visual assessment
- Mathur, K., Seyam, A. F. M., Hinks, D., & Donaldson, R. A. (2008), Coloration Technology, 124(1), 48–55. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1478-4408.2007.00121.x
- Conversion of Fibers to Yarn for High-Speed High Quality Carpet Weaving
- Seyam, A. M., & Mathur, K. (2007), In 4th Annual Conference, National Research Center. Cairo, Egypt.
- TT252 - FORMATION AND STRUCTURE OF TEXTILE FABRICS , Fall 2018