About Minyoung Suh
Dr. Minyoung Suh is currently an assistant professor in Wilson College of Textiles, North Carolina State University. She has extensive research and education experiences related to functional clothing and its production. With an emphasis on technical aspects of clothing, she has developed the multidisciplinary research program throughout her career path in Kansas State University, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, and Yonsei University. The primary research stream deals with functional clothing, including but not limited to smart clothing, sportswear, foundation garment and intimate apparel. Utilizing advanced technologies such as the 3D body scanner, motion sensor, pressure sensor, 3D printing, and conductive printing, her research aims at innovative textile product development.
- Smart Clothing
- Wearable Technology
- Intimate Apparel
- Functional Clothing
- Ph.D. Textile Technology Management, North Carolina State University, 2011
- M.S. Textile Technology Management, North Carolina State University, 2008
- B.S. Clothing and Textile, Yonsei University, 2003
- Low frequency dielectric properties related to structure of cotton fabrics
- Mukai, Y., Dickey, E. C., & Suh, M. (2020), IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON DIELECTRICS AND ELECTRICAL INSULATION, 27(1), 314–321. https://doi.org/10.1109/TDEI.2019.008511
- Relationships between structure and microwave dielectric properties in cotton fabrics
- Mukai, Y., & Suh, M. (2020), MATERIALS RESEARCH EXPRESS, 7(1). https://doi.org/10.1088/2053-1591/ab653c
- Bra Underwire Customization With 3-D Printing
- Wang, Z., & Suh, M. (2019), CLOTHING AND TEXTILES RESEARCH JOURNAL, 37(4), 281–296. https://doi.org/10.1177/0887302X19857474
- Replication of Screen-Printing Fabric via Ink-jet Textile Printing
- Wang, M., Chapman, L., Moore, M., & Suh, M. (2019), JOURNAL OF IMAGING SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, 63(4). https://doi.org/10.2352/J.ImagingSci.Technol.2019.63.4.040402
- A piecewise mass-spring-damper model of effective breast mass
- Cai, Y., Chen, L., Yu, W., Zhou, J., Wan, F., Suh, M., & Chow, D. H.-kay. (2018), Journal of Biomechanics, 67(1), 137–143. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiomech.2017.11.027
- Development of a Conformal Textile Antenna for Thermotherapy
- Mukai, Y., & Suh, M. (2018, October). , . Poster presented at the The Fiber Society’s Fall Meeting and Technical Conference, Davis, CA, USA.
- Design and characterization of a phased antenna array for intact breast hyperthermia
- Curto, S., Garcia-Miquel, A., Suh, M., Vidal, N., Lopez-Villegas, J., & Prakash, P. (2017), International Journal of Hyperthermia, 34(3), 250–260. https://doi.org/10.1080/02656736.2017.1337935
- Assessment of Breast Size in Four Different Methods
- Lund, K., & Suh, M. (2016, April). , . Poster presented at the NC State Undergraduate Student Research Symposium, Raleigh NC, USA.
- Effect of Bra Style and Size on its Fit and Comfort
- Peterson, A., & Suh, M. (2016, November). , . Poster presented at the 73rd Annual Conference of International Textile and Apparel Association, Vancouver, BC, Canada. https://doi.org/10.31274/itaa_proceedings-180814-1454
- Inkjet-Printed Wearable Antenna for Hyperthermia Therapy: Comparison between Simulation and Measurement
- Mukai, Y., & Suh, M. (2016, March). , . Poster presented at the NC State Graduate Student Research Symposium, Raleigh NC, USA.
- FTM 219 - Fashion Product Analysis ,
- FTM 315 - Fashion Product Design ,
- TTM 515 - Apparel Production ,